1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded Warrior Shells - Very cool !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warpspeed, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Midway had these listed as "coming soon". like the pink ones only R, W & B.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

How cool is that!!!

Don Verna

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

WOW, Just when our club is planning a Wounded Warrior Project fundraising shoot next June. I gotta get on the horn to Federal.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I can see a lot of shooters (I admit, I'd probably be one of them) buying them by the flat, dumping all the boxes out, and resorting them so that all the shells in each individual box were the same color. You know how shooters are when it comes to something like different color shells in one box LOL

Great idea BTW. Look forward to them hitting the market. Dunno if these will be sold in place of, or along side of, the pink breast cancer shells, but either way its good to see that Federal is doing something for various causes.

5. gym2

gym2 TS Member

Skeet Man, that was my first thought too!

I rationalized it by thinking I would differentiate my trap, handicap, and skeet loads by color. But the reality is I think a box of those colors would certainly look cool - especially white.

And as you say, "hats off" to Federal for continuing to demonstrate good corporate citizenship.

Jim

6. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

During the Ohio State shoot we will be having a Wounded Warrior fund raiser. Thanks to Federal for supporting our efforts last year during our Pink Practice day for Breast Cancer Research.

Roger Edgington

7. The Stive

The Stive Member

I am looking forward to shooting these wounded warrior shells and to the
    wounded warrior fundraiser at the Ohio State shoot. John

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have a couple hundred flats on order as well. Delivery date is around Thanksgiving.

Great program for a worthy cause.

Bob Schultz
    Target Shotguns, Inc.
    800-684-6329

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Great idea!! I would be more than happy to go 100% Federal if these are the same as the pink shells! I bought five flats of the pink shells at the grand and could not be more pleased. But the gray box Top Guns I have recently bought at Wal Mart have included a bunch of misfires...and I mean a BUNCH! I wrote a letter to Federal about this, but have received no reply. Let's hope this new marketing ploy is composed of shells that will actually shoot! Jack

10. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I liked the pink ones and after the remington rebate BS this is another good reason for me to buy Federals ;o) I only hope they offer them in a 1 oz.load too this time.Jerry

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Now that is COOL!! Federal has hit a home run with the Pinks shells for Breast cancer and i'm certain this will do equally well.

12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Very cool. Hopefully our Club will order some - I will buy plenty.

Anchor
    USN Retired
    CH-53E pilot
    Desert Storm Vet

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Are they reloadable? I could have one color for singles, one for my first shot of doubles, and then the third color for caps, perfect!

14. gsdesign46

gsdesign46 Member

I just saw these shells yesterday at Sportco in Fife,WA. You might try and give them a call, they do wholesale, retail and supply most of the shooting ranges in the area. Greg

15. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

Recob's Target Shop has them in stock for $53.99

16. gym2

gym2 TS Member

I was thinking. given the favorable reception Federal has received with their Breast Cancer and Wounded Warrior shells, that they might continue their good works by expanding their selection of variously colored hulls.

For example, a series of "Salute to the ..." using the following colored hulls:

- Army, Marines, and National Guard: Olive Drab
    - Air Force: Silver or Gray
    - Navy: Blue
    - Coast Guard: Fluorescent Orange
    - Police and other Emergency responders: Florescent Lime Green

I know the members are thinking; I have way too much time on my hands, and have had too much coffee, but I thought it would be nice to have a little variety, which at the same time, would provide a small reminder of the great effort these people expend on our behalf every day.

Jim

17. deankol

deankol Member

How about a rainbow colored shell? Can't leave anyone out, can we?

18. gym2

gym2 TS Member

True enough! :)

And I guess we could go white for the DEA, and brown for some of the anti-gun types.

Jim

19. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Top guns reload just fine. I loaded a bunch of the pink hulls with pheasant loads as a gag for my red neck brother. They shot just fine! Loading data for this hull can be found in the RCBS loading manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.