1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Wounded Warrior Project-Walker, MN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GunDr, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Active Member

Northstar Sportsmens Club of Walker, MN and the American Legion of Walker, are hosting this full day of shooting.

It would be great if the shooters around Minnesota could attend. Besides the shotgun, rifle and handgun shooting events, sponsored by the gun club, the American Legion of Walker is donating a continental breakfast, lunch, and a salmon dinner.

A raffle for a DPMS "Oracle" w/scope for those who purchase a ticket. We will also have two other guns to be raffled/auctioned off, along with other goodies to those that attend.

To run concurrently with the trapshooting event, will be an armed services organization shoot..Am-Leg, VFWs, etc. 5 shooters from each post will team up and compete for bragging rights, a little money, and a traveling trophy against other teams.

Below is the flyer, and below that are the events for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for your time and service,

Doug Braker-218-947-3600
  2. RickN

RickN Active Member

Club website.
  3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Good for you

You might consider also letting disabled Vets shoot free that day- that is up to your club obviously

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  4. GunDr

GunDr Active Member

For those that attend, we now have 2 guns that will be given away to the lucky raffle winner during dinner...

Savage 116...7mm rem mag, stainless steel w/fluted 24" bbl, synthetic stock.

Henry Golden Boy 22lr.

Also (so far)...

American Eagle chainsaw carving

Handmade quilt w/pillows.

Lots of misc items.

All of the above besides the DPMS Oracle .223/5.56 with a Simmons Predator Quest 4.5-18x44mm scope, breakfast, lunch, & salmon dinner.
  5. GunDr

GunDr Active Member

Tim,

I checked with the guys at the Am Leg to see if they wanted to sell tickets outside of the local area. They said yes.

So anyone interested in donating to the Wounded Warrior Project and having a chance for a DPMS, let me know.

We only have 300 tickets for sale.

I do need to add...Besides the gun being raffled on the $30 ticket, we also have a few other items, but one in particular may be a bit too large to ship, unless the winner wants to pay the shipping. A local lady chainsaw sculptor has donated an American Eagle with Old Glory drape around its shoulders. The sculptor stands about 4ft tall and weighs about 100lbs.

Some of the other items are a quilt, t-shirts, hats, a bronze sculptor, and 2 pairs of tickets to "Moondance Jam" (outside 3 day concert in Walker, MN)

If your only interested in the donation and the gun, you could ask that any other item could be donated back. We will "live auction" it off.

PM me your name, address, phone number, and email address. I do have PAY-PAL to save time having to send a check through the mail.

Doug
  6. GunDr

GunDr Active Member

Tickets still available...$30ea.

(picture swiped from another website)

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.