1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded soldier heckled

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just saw on Fox news that a wounded soldier was heckled in Columbia University when he tried to speak about the benefits of a ROTC program.

It is very obvious that the time to bring back the draft is way overdue. There is an elitist segment of our society that really feel they are above serving in the military or doing anything that in their mind set is demeaning. Our nation was built of the blood,sweat & tears of its citizen soldiers & their families. If we totally rely on a professional army I feel we too may suffer the same fate as the Hessians when Washington crossed the Delaware.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Bet I can guess who the hecklers voted for.

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

YOU'd win---sjb

4. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

BRING BACK THE DRAFT.....

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Does anyone really believe you can make a soldier out of todays' misfits!!

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

ollie, if we had the type military that we had 40 years ago, they'd grow up in a hurry. With the type military we have today, they'd probably just give them a slap on the hands and send them home with an im sorry you just didnt make what we want. we've become mamby-pamby as the sarg would say. I'm afraid the draft wouldn't cure anything.

Bob usn 62-66

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bring back the draft and quit coddling these Aholes. You enjoy the freedom and liberties of those whose lives were given to defend it.....now it's your turn rich boy. So put down your I Pod, drop and give me 50 RIGHT NOW. (That's pushups, not dollars simpleton)

What's fair for one is fair for all. (according to AL Sharpton, the chief racist in this country)Certainly wouldn't want to be accused of favoritism by denying anyone the unique experience of serving in the military. It just might make a moral, decent citizen out of some of this generation of wussies we have now.

Additionally....hecklers go to the front of the line.

8. Donm

Donm Active Member

It is a total disgrace to heckle a wounded soldier any time anywhere.

When I got discharged in 1972 I was told not to wear my uniform home because of what we went through in the public places like airports and such. In previous trips home I had be yelled at, called names, and spit at.

Don Mittag
    USAF 68-72

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Its just not right, the youth of today have no respect, they are taught arrogance,they ALL should have to go through basic training, like in the 60's & 70'S ...I'll get off my soap box now and go listen to the "Revelation song" it puts things in perspective for me..Joe

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

All volunteer force is always better than a draft, especially in this day and age...what does a draft do? It brings an influx of people who do not want to be there in the first place and they drag ass and skate by doing the bare minimum...NOT all but a significant portion of draftees will do so. We don't need that....

also, those days of basic training, "Full Metal Jacket" where Drill Instructor Joe Schmoe giving a beating to Private Misfit are long gone. Drill instructors will get booted or reassigned if they lay a hand on privates during basic training. The only time where you see junior enlisted non-NCO personnel getting a beating is when they get assigned to a line unit where the unit does their own "indoctrination".

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Actually , there are a lot of good kids today, many of them serving in dangerous overseas assignments. When I was in Nam the country was full of protesters, probably way more than there are today. I didn't understand it at the time, but I've come to understand it over time. Stories of soldiers being jeered at and spat on back then were true but greatly exaggerated. I wore my uniform home, didn't experience it, and have talked with no Nam vets who actually did. Maybe we were all just lucky? As far as bringing back the draft, I agree that the kids would adapt. But the structure of the draft needs to be different. During Vietnam, if you were from a wealthy family and enrolled in college, you were exempt from the draft. That's not right. Freedom shouldn't be defended only by middle and lower class America who give their lives so that the rich kids can float around on their yachts when they aren't skiing in Aspen or hanging out in the tropics. My family wasn't wealthy, and I was no such privileged kid. Freedom is enjoyed by all. It should be defended by all.

12. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

At 17 in 1961 facing the draft and no skills or idea of how to move forward I joined the USMC. I spent the next few weeks wandering what I had done. As I progressed and went to the rifle range and was given an M1 for the first time I felt a sense of responsibilty. Some one was trusting me to perform a service to my country. Any one who today accepts this responsibility will also deserve respect and trust. When I received my discharge I also took skills and direction. Never without work until retirement and never lost my respect for any serviceman. I still own an M1 because of our military and the people who stand behind our constitution. Don't agree with our political front at most levels but stand behind our servicemen & women. Don't heckel the ones who allow you to be ignorant without penalty!

Semper Fi

Jim O

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We need the damn misfits.......to clean the toilets and wash the dishes so the good ones can pick up a rifle and defend them.

HM

14. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I'm sure the heckler wouldn't get away intact if I heard such a thing. Our service men & women deserve the respect they have earned. The trash that would heckel them deserves all the unkindness we can muster to deliver upon them. God bless our service men & women & may they all return safely home.

Big Jack

15. oz

oz Active Member

What I can't figure out is....we turn these misfits into soldiers in 12??? weeks. we have been trying to turn iraqis into soldiers for 10??? YEARS and they still can't do it! oz

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Columbia is where Obama SAYS he went to school.

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I forgot but Columbia was where the SDS was founded & the Weather Underground. Guess lots of the second generation of these radicals are given alumi special treatment for admissions.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.