1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded Grizzly Bear kills Hunter at ID-MT border

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A wounded Grizzly bear attacked and killed a hunter near the Idaho-Montanna border. His partner thought it was a Black Bear, shot, wounded it and they tracked it into heavy brush. One more reason to make the first shot the killing shot!

The Full Story

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We should send Obama & Mooseshell up there ( without a gun)

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's illegal to poison the bears!!

Curt

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Good one Curt...

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

This was a 20 yr old kid who mistakenly identified his target, shot poorly and wounded instead of killing and ended up tracking a grizzly into heavy brush where his hunting partner was mauled and killed by the bear. A man is dead because of this foolish trigger happy kid.

Rich

6. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

If you can't tell the difference between a griz and a black bear you sure should't be hunting them. Same as people hunting turkeys and shooting humans...happens every year. I once asked a old Iwo MARINE VET...what did people do 2 HUNDRED YEARS AGO when they came across the USA in covered wagons??? Refering to people like the bear hunters...his reply .. they are the ones that died along the way.....times haven't changed. We just have more idiots now.

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Champion II,

In certain conditions, such as low light and brush, it is VERY EASY to confuse griz and black bear.....what you should be doing is NOT SHOOTING unless certain of the species.....

Apparently, you have not hunted bear very much......

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If I had a kid that was starting out hunting I would teach him the way to hunt and take game on deer. Deer can also be a problem if not handled right. To let a hunter that is 1 young and 2 without proper hunting skill go after dangerous game to me is foolish. Sorry for the families lost.

9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

You have to be really brave or stupid to track a wounded bear of any species into heavy brush. AJ

10. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Bangalore,, Low lite and brush hard to tell the difference,,,Then you don't shoot if you don't know... You must be dry behind the ears,,, So you shoot and tell the Warden I thought it was a black bear....he's going to tell you that's alright son here's a ticket to the judge.

11. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

You must be very careful hunting something that is higher on the food chain than you are.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I thought the slogan was "Think before you drink"! It should be "Think even if you don't drink"! That is what a guide is for.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Is nobody concerned about poor Yogi? Shot because somebody couldn't distinguish color...poor Booboo is buddyless now ; )

14. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

What's with the stupid jokes? A man is dead here, mauled to death and you guys are making jokes? What a$$holes!

Rich

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry...didn't mean to disrespect the deceased fellow..definantly not the way anyone should have to leave this world

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Champion,

Maybe a remedial reading class will help you understand my post.

By the way, in a month I see more bears than you have seen in your whole life-including all your trips to the Zoo!

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Definitely an excellent pair of candidates for the 2011 Darwin Awards...

Bad things happen to stupid people.

Curt

18. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Yes he did screw up but him and his partner were doing the right thing. You do not leave a wounded bear . It is your responsibility to take care of the problem and they were doing so with tragic results. Ask a hunting guide etc. trigger happy- not necessary so unless you know the facts. Where did he hit the bear. Some are so damn quick to judge! Ken U

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Shot because somebody couldn't distinguish color"

This is just something to think about.

ivanhoe_2008_030329.jpg

What color and species is the Bear in this picture????

Bob Lawless

20. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Looks like a Grizzly got it on with a Black Bear! Size would suggest Grizzly, color would say Black bear. I would think that would be a world record Black Bear. Either way you shoot it you are going to pay a big fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.