1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded Army Marksmanship SGT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eric, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I hope this URL works. This is my nephew, SSgt Joshua Olson who was severely wounded in Iraq about three years ago and lost his right leg at the hip. He has overcome a great deal to stay in the Army and is now shooting with the Army Marksmanship Training Unit in Ft. Benning. He is my hero.

Eric

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

What an outstanding young man. I wish him well in his bid for the Olympics!

Steve

3. TC

TC TS Member

Wow, makes me feel pretty humble, outstanding young man. Wish him succes. Tony

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Couldn't kick-start the video...what event is he competing in?

5. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I also had a problem getting the video started but keep playing with it. Josh competes in smallbore, prone, as he has problems standing, etc. due to the "bucket" around his hips to support the artificial leg. When he was back home a few weeks ago, I took him trapshooting and even light 1oz shells kind of rocked him back but he did well for the first time ever. He shot a 20 and a 22 and usually smoked them much quicker out of the house than I do - and I have been shooting for six years. He did not need much coaching and picked it up very quickly.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.