1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you use CLEAR Magic Eye Dots???????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cec, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cec

cec TS Member

Would you use "clear" Magic Eye Dots, or would you preferr the color one?

2. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I have used both and they seem to work equally well. I assume when you say clear, you mean uncolored but opaque.

Actually, I like the old Browning dots only because they had NO adhesive unlike the ones that are being sold now. The ones with adhesive do not lend themselves to being repositioned once applied.

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Bob

The clear are great for Ranger Sporter glasses with clipons. You put the dot on the clear lens, and therefore only have to place one.

Tom Stewart

mtatom_2008_030318.jpg

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I use the old Magic Dot which is static instead of being sticky. I use the appropriate color for the lens. Honestly I don't see a difference between the clear or color match dots.

Bryan

5. cec

cec TS Member

Actually, Browning no longer makes Dots. If interested you can find both colored and clear at the above URL. No sticky stuff is used, they can be repositioned easily, and no residue remains.

6. njuliano

njuliano Member

I have found my eye was seeing the target through the dot. I switched to a piece of black electrical tape. The eye cannot see through it at all. A whole lot cheaper too ...

Good Luck...Nick

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

When I was a one-eyed shooter, I used the colored dots on a dark Rx sunglass lens. They worked well for me.

bluedsteel

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I make you own dots with scrap materials I get from a membrane switch manufacturer (translucent membrane and clear cling material). Colorless for day light and black for shooting under the lights. I make the black dots "magic" by applying the cling material to a piece of 1 1/2" wide black electical tape. I cut the dots with a 3/4" gasket punch.

MK

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I would use the clear (translucent) dots.

Curt

10. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

I keep a roll of clear scotch tape in my shooting box for my 4-H kids. It's translucent instead of transparent. It's cheap, leaves no residue, and works well when trying to train a dominant eye to take over for the youngsters. The other good thing about it is that I can adjust the "size" of the dot so it only covers what is needed.

11. cec

cec TS Member

Colored and clear dots are easy to use. They can be repositioned with no residue and can be trimed to desire.

12. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I used the dots when they first came out approx. 20 years ago. They were very inexpensive. When the price went rediculous,I went to translucient scotch tape. Position it so you see the target come out with both eyes. Works fine for me. Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
magic eye dots

clear magic dots

magic eye clear dots
magic eye dots clear
shooters eye magic clear dots
trap shooting eye dots