1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

would you use a mx-8?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dutchman1968, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

would you use a mx-8B with 31" barrels with briley thinwall chokes in both barrels for sporting clays? What would the approx. weight be also.
    thanks Troy

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

No reason not to.

A selectable trigger might be handy in some occasions, but not absolutely necessary.

3. rlmims

rlmims TS Member

Dutchman1968, I had Briley install extended thinwalls in my mx-8 (31-1/2")& cannot tell any difference in balance. If you have thinwalls installed you will be amazed how light these tubes are, they have really thin walls.

Lynn

4. kj king

kj king TS Member

I know several people who had thinwalls put into Belgium Broadways for shooting sporting with great success. The thinwalls did not seem to change balance around at all.

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Troy, I would quit worrying about the Briley tubes in the MX-8B for sale at Great Lakes...it looks like a very nice gun. Clearly, some previous owner had them installed in lieu of the fixed full choke on the upper barrel and the factory chokes in the lower barrel as is normal on the 8B models as pointed out in other threads. Buy it and enjoy all the choke choices. Regards, Ed

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

but it Troy, & I'll sell you the trigger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.