1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you like an ATA Orginazation run like this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by missed some, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missed some

missed some TS Member

whats wrong with the way it is.................maybe you need to start your own club.Do you lay awake at night and think this shit up, or does it come to you in a dream. mark crist

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Personally I prefer the sstem we have now. Woody Sullivan

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

It ain't broke and it sure don't need a fix like this.

jim brown

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with throwing poop on a wall and seeing if it sticks - even if it rambles a bit.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey, donate $200k and see what happens. The sport is for sale to anyone with the bucks...and your money is as green as anybody's, Longspot.

6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Maybe it would just be a nice thing to say "We respectfully do not agree" - without defiling our own true, core character with vile remarks.
    Being nice may give our positions more credibility.....
    Mike

7. jim brown

Rebel: I disrespectfully take offense to you referring to my comments as vile and questioning my character.

jim brown

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Come on Gary, free Neil!

9. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Nice try, Jim, but you are too refined to believe my comments were referred to yours.....
    Mike

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The only change I would like to see is, in a typical 3 event program make handicap the first event. Singles would feel like they're in your hand (after shooting caps) & you wouldn't feel the recoil from the soft singles loads after shooting stiffer caps loads.

Phil Berkowitz

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lungshot misses again.

Don

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Why go back to the days we shot for automobiles, guns, big purses and huge calcuttas. Shooters today are much happier shooting for $200 purses with $10,000 guns than shooting $200 guns for $10,000 purses. Why should the ATA cater to a market interested in a return for their shooting expense dollar when it's current market is geared toward aging, overweight, retired, wealthy wannabees whose motor homes cost more that Joe Averages' house.

Let's continue driving our once fine sport in the direction demanded by it's members-collecting belt buckles, flashlites and various other essential trinkets. Let's keep demanding we make the targets easy enough for many 12 year old girls and boys to achieve their first 100 along with their 85 year old counterparts. When those same 12 and 13 year old youngsters leave the sport when they turn 18 let's blame it on all that ails the world except one-boredom.

So why change, even a little bit, something that's working so well!!

13. jim brown

Ollie, Why would you not go in the direction demanded by the members. We, the members, own the damn thing.

jim brown

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You are right Lungshot. I am a newbie I guess with only 300,000+ registered targets, how many have you shot in your long career?? How many do you shoot annually now??

Make the targets harder I don't care, I'll shoot what they throw. The same people will be at the top and the bottom.

Rave on and I am sure Hap enjoys being in your thread.

Don

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You're not Obama in disguise are you??

If you would go to the Grand you would know that there is shade and water. Maybe not perfect shade but shade.

How is a lewis geared to the top shooters? Are they shooting scores down in the 80's now? The payout is determined by shoot management.

I guess because you started in the 60's you are an authority on what this sport needs and the way it was.

Sorry but I will leave in current hands until something better comes along and you are not it.

Welcome to the Sr. Vet. category, now you will get your butt kicked by the same ones who kicked it before.

Don

16. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

DR, LONGSHOT AT least you are putting something on the table ,it is going to be like every otther sport , hobby in this country if you have the money and can afford it you can do it if not you have to watch every one else do it,

I have to give you credit and believe you are right something needs changed but when you can't make things happen sometimes it falls on closed ears.

17. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

It does not matter how you move the money around, shooting still will continue on a downward sprial!!! I could tell you truth, but I don't think you can handle the "TRUTH". Break-em all. Jeff

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'm still a newbie and can't hit my ass with both hands, been that way for more years than I care to recall!! I did manage to win a new car one time though, a day the trap winds smiled on me and blew my shot patterns into a bunch of targets!!

Hap

19. shamlin

shamlin Member

Gary,
    I actually like what you have presented. I wouldn't give Don 2 minutes of my time or entertain him with a response; the guy never has anything good to say! I shot back in the 70's and 80's as a young man (14-20), and I can tell you that you are right in practically every regard. I have said it to others that this organization has not and will not evolve until we get some fresh new blood in charge of the organization. There are too few "old timers" that actually embrace and encourage change. They could give two shits about growing the sport and making it better for the future shooters. If you go to any big shoot or any gun club, there are too few young shooters. I would say 5% are 12-18 years old; 10% are 19-25, 15% are 26-40, and the rest (70%) are 40 and up. (and I am being generous). This sport cannot survive with that demographic.....it's just not possible! And the over-whelming reason is cost!!! All the retired guys are from the haydays of industry when GM, Ford, Chrysler, Budweiser, etc had great retirement plans so there is plenty of disposable income to go around! Todays younger generation will not enjoy that same ability to have money to throw around at trapshooting. Making the sport more accessible and cheaper for todays new and emerging market only makes sense if we intend on trapshooting in the future.

20. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Shamlin You are so right .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.