1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Buy one of These?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

We made a couple of these for ourselves and are considering producing them for other people. Wanted to see if there's any interest?

[​IMG]

Thanks, Josh.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Yes, How much?

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I am not fortunate enough to be able to BUY one. If someone could please BUY one or two with THEIR money and send me one FREE, I would be forever in your debt. Enough in your debt that, let's see, I KNOW!

I would even vote for you if you ever decided to run for say, President.

Just a thought.

Tom(AJ100)

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Jolly, let us know the price, and if you are thinking about different gauges.

Nice looking work.

Tom(AJ100)

5. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

I am the second man in this operation (the production worker).

We are planning a durability test as soon as we get down to the basement. Plan is to sit and dry fire over and over until we see any sign of degrading preformance. Hopefully it will be a long and tediuos proccess.

As for price we have not yet set one. It is pending on the brass price and we are shopping around for that now.

we would still like to hear from anyone interested in such an item.

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

If we get any interest in the smaller gauges, we will probably do small quantities of them. I am in the process of setting up part of the Lead Trading Post web site for people to buy them with Paypal or just a credit card. So it shouldn't be too long. Thanks, Josh.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

What material is the swab, wool, cotton, nylon? I am also interested. Wayne

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The mops are cotton, brass base, and a nylon insert for cushion/protect the firing pin. Josh

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

I am also interested in East Sooke, Canada.

If you sell them in pairs I would want 6 pair.

Reg. Todd

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Josh, check your PMs. Hap

11. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Yepper, I'd jump onboard this boat!...lb

12. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The mop would be replaceable. It would just unscrew from the base and and you could screw a new one on. The plastic insert would be a little different though, it is press fit with a .005" interference, so it would either have to be drilled out or pressed out for a new one to go back in. Josh

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Did I miss what the price is or is it being kept a secret?

14. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I already have some of them,but don't remember where I got them or the brand name--I bought them several years ago and they work great if you oil the mop part lightly and put them im the chamber after shooting. They will absolutely stop the rusting of a BROWNING chamber and anything that will do that to a Browning will do it for any gun.

15. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Yes comp 1, both me and Rifle Guy own Browning shotguns that do seem to have a bit of a problem with rust in the chambers, which is why we initially designed these. Hitapair, if you read Rifle Guy's response, we are currently working out a price for these after we find what our actual brass cost is going to be. Thanks for all the interest, Josh.

16. chessney

chessney TS Member

"I would even vote for you if you ever decided to run for say, President."

Just a thought.

Tom(AJ100)

I'll buy you one....Ziggy

17. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

We've started making these snap caps, and have decided the price will be $8 for one and $15 for a pair. We have some made, but are still waiting on prices for mops, which we are trying to work on with Motordoc. I am in the process of making part of the lead trading post website into a place to accept credit and debit cards through Paypal. For right now, we will make small gauges upon request, until we find out what is popular (probably 20 gauge). If you would rather pay with check or money order, we can do that too. I will post the web address at a later date after it's all set up, and we have supplies ready. Thanks, Josh.

18. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

19. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Would AL be cheaper than brass? The mop is replaceable, then the nylon could be pushed out from that end and a new nylon pressed or tapped in. Make the hole for the nylon with a slight taper to ease the nylon plug in.

20. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ya know ... you might want to check and see if you might be in violation of or if there is a patent on this first.

Check out the above link ... your kind of a Johnny come lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.