1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a brick?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The ATA is always looking to raise money. When they tear down the Hall of Fame would you buy a brick to have at home or maybe have your name sandblasted on and put somewhere in Sparta. Just a thought. Bernie

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If they put up some sort of wall or brick paved a common area, I'd pop for an inscribed brick to honor my family as a donor...

Jay

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not a bad idea, What would the brick cost?

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

No, can't imagine why anyone would do that, but, different strokes....

Bob

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Pretty common fundraiser. It's about rasing funds straightshooter1. Jeff

6. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

I work part time at a youh soccer park. We did just that, teams and people paid $100 a brick and we had them engraved with a name and made a memorial are with flags.

7. straightshooter1

SuperXJeff-I understand the purpose, just not something I'd care to participate in. Not sure why others would, but, as I said, different strokes....

Kind of like Girl Scout cookies or the kids raising money for a band trip outside the grocery store. Some folks participate (I do, depending on what it is) and some don't.

A brick with my name on it does nothing for me. I simply have zero interest in the ATA HOF, who's in it, who's not, where it is, where it was, what the ATA or anyone else is doing with it. Not at all hostile towards it, just, simply, no interest.

Now, as 870 mentioned on another thread, the peach ice cream stand at the Grand, that I have an interest in.

OTOH, if the ATA asked for a contribution for some purpose, I'd likely donate. I'll be 65 in a few months, thinking about a life membership, though I'll certainly be around long enough to break even over the $20 per year annual membership.

Bob

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a brick I will donate ... If its going to be in Sparta I will never get to see it, so probably not ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Sorry there straightshooter, I thought you were a moron when you said, "can't imagine why anyone would do that". Sorry about that. Jeff

10. straightshooter1

Well, Jeff, I actually am sometimes a moron. Just ask my wife.

Bob

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

12. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

The ATA was offered $100,000 and deed to 5 acres of land for the HOF.

I can see why they may need the money but if they turned down 100K it at least shows they don't need mine.

Best of luck to those that would.

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The ATA and the Hall of Fame are separate entities. The HoF is directed by ATA members but the money and operations are on their own.

Does anyone know if the Hof is solvent and has anyone seen their operating statement? If so, share it with us since many on this site are donors.

14. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Big Heap,

The thread begins as "The ATA is always looking to raise money".

Are you saying we shouldn't donate because it would be the ATA getting the money?

15. mcurry2507

mcurry2507 TS Member

Great american ballpark in cincy did this when they tore down riverfront. And it is neat to see my grandmas name scribed in a brick at the new stadium. It would be good for future shooters to see a relatives name at the grand. Just my 0.02 from being a next generation fan and a touch of honor from past fans.

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

No, I'm with Straightshooter1, I have no interest at all in the hof.....I'll probably never visit when it's moved to Sparta but I'm sure many others will enjoy it that wouldn't make the trip all the way to Ohio.

17. Donm

Donm Active Member

No. Why would anyone want one. Easier to go to Home Depot.

18. over/under

over/under Member

This is a common fund raiser for building projects. We purchased one at my sons high school in his name when they built the new stadium. But HOF obviously doesn't need this type of fundraiser, as they already turned down $100,000 offer and free deeded land. I will pass if this is offered.

19. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Sure, I'd buy a brick. Not to see my name on it but to support a sport that I love. Don Kerce

20. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

BIG HEAP,

Not quite as you said: "The ATA and the Hall of Fame are separate entities. The HoF is directed by ATA members but the money and operations are on their own."

Yes indeed, the THOF IS a seperate entity from the ATA.

NO, it is not directed by the ATA members.

It IS overseen by a Board of Trustees, completely seperated from the ATA.

As to their financial position, I don't know that anything is published as it is a privatly run organization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.