1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy 32"or 34" browning XT non ported

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtxt, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Long story short I hate my ported Browning XT O/U. I Like shooting the gun don't like the noise. I would buy a 34" or 32" non ported barrel in a heart beat if it was available.I know there are a lot pricer guns out there I just like what I like.So the question is would you buy one?

Have a good one

Don S.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I would buy one w/o porting in a heartbeat.

My CG is not ported.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That is one of the reasons why I looked at a 682 quite a few years ago. I bought my first 682 combo in 2000 and have never even considered a Browning since. I like the dynamics much better on the Beretta 680 series guns.

ss

4. ABH

ABH Member

The only reason why I don't buy Citories is because of the screw in chokes and the porting. I would buy a late 70's citori, but they are rare. There was a late 70's combo on here about a week ago and I missed it. DAMN.

ART H.

5. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

Yes I would buy one. No need for porting.

I cringe every time I see a nice shotgun that some idiot has screwed up with porting.

I feel the same way about adjustable combs and those pogo-stick recoil reducers.

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Don,

Don't you wear earplugs? ..........you should.

John C. Saubak

7. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

John

Not only do I wear ear plugs I have ear muffs also.I'm tired of bringing duct tape or a stapler to keep the guys hats on next to me.(I shoot games only)

Dr. Longshot

I have a CG also 34" O/U no/ports its great still xt better.

Don Stevens

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

The Don Stevens previously from the Central Valley, Ca?

Bryan

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I wear good plugs and glasses and I can't tell a ported gun from a no ported gun as far as the noise being bothersome. My own opinion of this whole thing is that it has become "cool" to not like ports. I can remember when you weren't cool unless you had ports. The world turns.

10. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Don your gun is so loud because you reload using a table spoon, 2 spoons of longshot-4spoons of 6 shot and try to crimp. Your bronwing shounds like a 155mm howizter going of. The birds break from muzzel blast-or the gout of flame that reaches them. Just kidding-ported guns are loud with some reloads. Perry

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Those that can't tell the difference of a ported or not gun have never stood on post 5 at low to mid yardage with a fellow on post 4, 2 yard further back and taking his hard right. You feel the concussion of your neighbors gun in the gut, hear the increased sound no matter what you're wearing in your ears, and may even draw blood from plastic or worse being spit from those ports......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

12. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

If you do not like your ported gun, it is an easy fix to trade it off or sell it and get one without ports. Case closed. Life is short so go for it. Best Regards, Ed

13. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

My 32" SKB 85TSS is ported and I have never had a complaint nor would I trade it for an unported model if I was offered. Neil Swenson

14. slodsm

slodsm Member

Would you buy 32

There is only one ported gun I can think of that bothers me and it's beyond brutal even with double hearing protection. probably 40-50% of the sporting guns around me are ported but this one just kicks me in the chest every time it's fired. I swear with plugs/muffs my ears still bleed. I think he loads up to somewhere around 2800 fps hahaha, no other explanation I can think of.

Jeremy.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Would you buy 32

I am very happy with my ported Brownings. I have been on both ends of them, and since I use proper hearing and eye protection, I don't really notice the difference between ported and non ported.

My Caps loads are "spicy" and make a heckuva bang. I still don't have a problem shooting it or shooting around a ported arm.

Many trap shooters are less than sociable. If the shoe fits, shoot on a field by yourself.

BTW, Brownings fit me, Beretta's do not. Shoot one before you buy.

YMMV.

16. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Would you buy 32

Now that is "double the trouble"

17. wannaz

wannaz Member

Would you buy 32

My personal opinion is no extra holes in my barrel. I mainly just don't care for the looks, besides the extra noise. I would love to be able to buy a new Citori without any porting myself. Anybody got an old gently used one for sale reasonable.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Would you buy 32

Experiment: Put Gorilla Tape over the ports. Worth trying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt 32 vs 34