1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

would you be upset?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by justsand, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justsand

justsand TS Member

? for everyone
    Today i made a hour long trip out to a well know club here in metro dc area to shoot. I planed on just goin to shoot singles as I had plans for the rest of the day.
    Got to the shoot meet up with some friends and shot. Now the good news is I ran my first ever 100 and man was i pumped, congrats from everyone I was livin it up.

there was 1 other 100 in this event another shooter I know from a local club, great guy. Now this was a money shoot. we were done shooting by 12pm and I had heard he wants to shoot off. Well seeing how it was my first hundred I was all for it had to blow off my plans and wait, no big deal.

I waited till around 4 when doubles was about to begin and the other shooter with a 100 was there he decided to leave for whatever reason I was kinda ready to shoot but figured ok I will get my money and leave.

Went to the cashier were I was told AFTER 4 Hrs of sitting around that they were going to split the pot 50/50 with the other guy. Man i was pissed I made it clear how I felt but was told that this is why they were doing a money shoot and this way there were no shoot offs. There was nothing posted about this or even mentioned in the program. Either way i got my 1/2 and took off and will seriously think twice before I ever shoot there again.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

no~~~

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If he requested a shootoff then left and nothing was posted about shootoffs then I feel you should have gotten it all. Bulge.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Any bets that he found out that there wasn't going to be a shootoff, so he grabbed his half of the money and left?

5. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Normally, in registered shooting anyway, ties divide money and shoot offs are held only if a trophy is at stake.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

ohiomike -- I have NEVER seen this unless it is clearly stated in the program.

juststand -- I think you have ground to file a complaint to the ATA. Talk to your state delegate first.

John

7. jrb

jrb Member

Most programs I know split the money! The only time there is a shoot off is for place! Example for a trophy..or added money! Just look at any state shoot or grand. The shooters split all money unless the pot is based upon place. The only money then decided would be the added . All lewis money, 25's, 50's are still split.

J. R. Brock

8. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

And by the way, justsand- Congratulations on your first 100 straight!

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. You shoot your first hundred straight. You have a great time. In addition you get some money. You are angry tht you had to slpit that money with another guy who ran 100. Think about it. What would you be taking home if you had only hit 99 straight? Now, tell me what you really have to gripe about? Enjoy the day for what it was. Don't be pissed over what you don't have. You'll live longer and happier.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You got "handled" by the locals.<br>
    <br>
    They were stringing you along, hoping you'd give up and leave, giving him the winnings by default.<br>
    <br>
    Instead, you stuck around, so they changed it to splitting the pot so he would get half, even though he was the one who left.<br>
    <br>
    If they had been up front about it right after the tie, then there would be no suspicions raised. They way they did do it, though, strongly suggests otherwise.<br>
    <br>
    Regardless, congratulations on your first 100 straight. And don't let their "handling" of you get your down. Focus on the great job you did.

11. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your 100...!!!!
    REAGARDLESS of the money outcome...nobody can take that away from you. You'll remember the thrill LONG after you have forgotten whatever you did with the cash.
    That said...the one BIG hole I see in your experience, based on what you wrote...is the part where you say you "heard" the other guy wanted to shoot-off. Did you speak to him...?? If not, why not..?? Better yet...did you "hear" this DIRECTLY from Shoot Management..??
    Just Sayin'....

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

justsand- You stated that you "heard he wants to shoot off". Your mistake was not checking with the management and basing your 4 hour wait on a rumor. It is best to act on factual information, not something hear around the club. Usually at ATA events, money is split.

John suggested that you file a complaint with the ATA. To do this you would have to cite specific ATA rules that were violated and I do not believe any rules were violated.

You shot well. Enjoy the memory and be happy with what you won.

Pat Ireland

PS Don Steele, I read your post after writing mine. We said about the same thing.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Don and pat are correct. You will remember the 100 forever and the money you will not. I remember my first one like it was yesterday and I won a large amount of cash but I cannot tell you how much now

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Was the money the trophy? Or was it option money. You never said, was this an ATA sanctioned shoot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.