1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would this work ??? Would you ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

What kind of coffee are you drinking and what foofie stuff ya puttin in it this morning?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

There would be a handle on my tombstone and I would ask that everyone flush as they leave.

3. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I thing that with people living all across the country that might be difficult
    for people to visit there relatives. I know when people live locally it is
    difficult enough. Perhaps a bronze plaque that would be representative of
    a headstone?

Joe

4. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Lumper could have a problem with people trying to put him there prematurely! Any ideas on an appropriate epitaph?

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Here he FINALLY lies ... please flush when your done.

Could that work Ron?

6. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

You would be missed! Probably by a lot more people than would publicly admit it!

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I'll have what he's drinking!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Engrave a urinal. Cheaper than a stone. Run the pipe into the burial vault.

HM

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

There are ashes of passed shooters that have been shot over the old home grounds and ashes have been sprinkled at many, perhaps most, of the trap clubs I visit.

Pat Ireland

10. atashooter

atashooter Member

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, he had a heart like a clay bird, too bad it bust.

OR

His life was like his targets..."LOST"

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

I personally feel that the ATA will never have a "Home Ground" again. They could but never to what they had in the past.

I wonder why they do not find a place ... any place ... and buy a chunk of land, build the office and the Hall of Fame and put in a couple of state of the art top notch trap fields and dedicated doubles field for those visitors who desire to come for a visit and to shoot a few rounds. Could be done ... they have enough money to have it done ... but I dont believe they ever will even consider an idea like that.

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

ATA Shooter........Now THAT is funny !!!!...LOLOLOL !!! Uncle Sam, Pa.

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

lumper- The Hall of Fame does not have the money now to move anyplace. The HoF is a corporation that is totally independent from the ATA. The future of the HoF presents a financial problem.

Pat Ireland

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Flagarto,

I know you didn't want to mention Sparta, but if you look at the aerial shot of the grounds, there is a cemetery about 50-75 yards south of the RV lot and it looks to have plenty of room for expansion. Maybe someone can post the pic.

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

So are you saying that the HoF might close and be no longer?

Ya know if the HoF is considered a charitable organization set up to take donations which I am sure it is the ATA could very easily do something like I suggested and build a place for the HoF and donate that space to them on a lifetime "FREE" lease and then also be able to have a tax break for that donation from the IRS and thusly the HoF would never have to worry about a roof over there head or paying for that roof and ... well ... its a thought that could be looked into for the life long stability of the ATA and the cherished Hall of Fame.

You know as they say in the movies ... If they build it you will come ... or something like that.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jerry; Sorta like an ATA Arlington. You could be buried on the yard line of your choice and you wouldn't have to worry about reductions or penalty yardage.

A sign that says non-ATA trolls KEEP OUT.

Don

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Probably have to stand in the classification line and take penalty yardage for being dead!!!

18. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

The ATA would probably not sell the graves, but allow you to purchase a five or ten year lease. They wouldn't own the property, but you could rest there during the three shoots they would hold per year. Unless, they backed out of the three shoots per year agreement.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.