1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would this make us happy?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Reloads at the 2010 Grand EXCEPT for the nine handicaps which would have to be ATA supplied shells?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

320090T- Sounds very good, but unfortunately your idea is not practical. We will ask all of the shell manufacturers to make special runs of identifiable shells, deliver the shells and take back what we don't sell. The AT will have to keep the shell house open and staffed with about five hourly employees at all times. The ATA computers will have to be programed to allow credit to our AT plastic card. To make this work financially, there has to be a lot of shells sold.

Pat Ireland

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

OK, sorry, just trying to offer a compromise or maybe easing into this new shell deal, like it used to be.

4. over/under

over/under Member

No. Some people you can never make happy. Who would have thought people would bitch about 100,000 being added? But guess what some people bitch because the of the format. Give me a break.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Without the mandatory sale of new ammo, the ATA and state of IL (foremost) will lose money.

They will be exacting their pound of flesh!

Makes good business sense.

Curt

6. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Well, I hope they sell some light 1 oz loads for those of us that have a problem with recoil. I don't have a snowball's chance in he!! to win any handicap, so the better shooters have nothing to fear from me. But I don't want a migraine from shooting loads I can't handle. I shoot for fun, even at the Grand.

Trapgeek

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

They always did in the past. One-ounce loads are commonly used for the first shot of doubles and a lot of people also use them for singles.

Ed

8. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

No, the Sparta haters will whine until they move on. Their fight song has the words "win or kill the ATA" repeated many times.

jim brown

9. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Pat, the last Grand I attended that required me to buy shells from the shellhouse (2005?), all of the shells did NOT have any special markings on them.

EE

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

WalMart in Sparta won't be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.