1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would this chill your free exercise?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

To purchase a handgun in New Jersey you have to obtain a permit to purchase from your local Chief of Police. You fill out a long form and get your fingerprints taken and then you wait.

One of the lines on the form is for your place of work and the name of your supervisor. In my town, the detective in charge of investigating your application (doesn't he have anything better to do?) will contact your employer and ask them what they think about your having applied to purchase a handgun.

Talk about an invasion of privacy in the exercise of a Constitutional right!

Where is the ACLU to complain? I guess the ACLU is too busy looking out for the rights of the terrorist murderers in Gitmo.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why don't you call the ACLU and file a complaint. They help anyone where Civil liberties are concerned. Bulge.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Utah does (or did) the same thing for concealed handgun permit applicants.

I found this out when TSHTF in the company I work for when a boss there got called by the local po po to confirm one of his employees.

I think it's simply a form of intimidation.

BTW, what do self-employed people put on their New-stinkin'-Jersey forms?

4. Bushmaster1313

Bulge:

At least until Heller the ACLU was silent on the 2nd because they considered it not to be a individual civil liberty.

Not sure what they think since Heller.

I'll try to ask them but I'm told they give priority to sworn Jihadi terrorists in handing out legal counsel.

5. Smiley

Smiley Member

Bet you wouldn't be to happy if a disgruntled workmate came and started putting bullet holes in everthing
    Smiley

6. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

The problem is, if the guy wants a gun he'll get one no matter what it takes. Stop the good guys from having them and like we've always said "only the bad guys will have them" because they don't care or abide by the law. As far as the ACLU goes, I'm 62 and raised seven kids same as I was taught and I've watched the ACLU more or less completely ruin family values and teachings by taking the "rules" away from parents, schools, teachers, et al. You can't discipline when needed nor can the schools or the teachers. If you try to "spank" then the little darlings call the cops and lie about being beaten because they know nothing will happen to them because the ACLU has made it so. Rules without discipline (proper) lead to nothing but chaos and in my humble opinion that's one of the big downfalls of our country today, no respect, no discipline, no work ethic, and pure selfishness with GREED!
    Just my 2cents worth.

7. Bushmaster1313

Smiley:

If there is reason to investigate no problem to investigate.

But the choice to excercise a Constitutional right is not a reason to suspect a problem. Starting an intrusive investigation simply because a law abiding citizen chooses to exercise a right protected by the Constitution is the definition of "chilling effect" and the start of tyrrany.

Where would the investigation end? Spouse, ex-spouse, girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, kids, parents, neighbors, your kids' teacher, the parents of your kids's friends, the local chapter of the Brady organization? How many of these should be told that you have made the personal and private choice to buy a handgun?

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I guess it must really suck if you are a school teacher or school administrator in NJ. With a Zero tolerance on firearms in the schools who will tell the chief that they feel it is OK for you to have a gun. If they do?

What does that do to Zero tolerance policy? Makes it a bigger juke than what it already is that what it does.

Bob Lawless

9. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I am in NJ as well. It is a tough place to be a shooter. Of course, if you really want a gun and want to avoid the hassle, you can just hang out in Bayonne, Newark or tool over to Queens or the Bronx and get what you need, no paperwork required.

10. Bushmaster1313

Jerseyshooter.

You are wrong. The tough laws have eliminated all access to illegal guns.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, good. I can rest assured in Atlantic City about 4 blocks behind the Boardwalk that I won't be mugged. Think I'll put my Rolex on and go for a walk.

HM

12. Bushmaster1313

Halfmile:

No problem at Atlantic City, our tough laws have also eliminated all crime.

Same result in Chicago and D.C.

But stay out of places like Utah, Vermont, Idaho and Montana. I heard Wyoming is bad as well.

For example, in D.C., with its handgun ban, murders occured at a per capita rate about 15 times the rate in Vermont, which has no restriction on concealed carry.

This proves that handgun bans work. Anyone want some Kool-Aid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.