1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would MidWay USA do this ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Goozer, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

I went to order a 8-round magazine for my .45ACP 1911 Para Ordance today from Midway USA .Every single magazine is temporarily unavailable . I can understand not selling the high capacity mags considering what just happened but an 8-rounder ? Do you think larry Potterfield is hoarding his magazines until the prices go through the roof and he can gouge ? is this an unethical business practice ?
    Well I have decided not to give Potterfield no more of my business and place all my future orders with Midsouth Shooters .

2. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/department.asp?dept=GUN%20PARTS&dept2=MAGAZINES Here is a link to Midsouth shooters that I just found and they have AK-47 30 round mags for sale as well as 1911 7-8 round magazines for sale . I think Iam correct on Midway pulling their stock so they can later gauge . Ok pass the word and start to boycoot larry Potterfield . Times like these you can see peoples true characters and there business ethics .

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Did you consider that he might actually be sold out?

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

No he wouldn't. Why don't you call him directly and ask instead of trying to stir up trouble or bad feelings on this site? Get the facts first.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Maybe all they had had been sold. Wouldn't that make them unavailable? I know there are a lot of places that are low or out of stock. Record sales started after the election and went to overdrive after the murders.......

6. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

Hitapair , yes I did consider that he might be sold out . However when Midway is sold out it will state , " out of stock " ! For all the magazines it reads temporarily unavailable ? Why not use the term out of stock like they have been advertising for years ? And yes I plan on calling them. But do you really think they will admit what they are really doing ?

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Not speaking for Mr Potterfield, but I can say I have been selling guns since before the '68 GCA, and I have never seen anything like this. Black guns and mags are getting unavailable.

OTOH, tournament arms, field guns and revolvers (other than snubbies) are everywhere.

Ammo for some calibers is simply not there.

8. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Im telling you guys this is gonna get ugly....

9. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I just checked on a few mags from Midway, all in stock and available, a few were out of stock. None of them said unavailable......

10. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

Here is a current link to a Midway page with the temporarily unavailable for a whole page of high capacity magazines 10, 12, 15 and 18 round mags . Earlier today almost every magazines on the site was marked as such . Maybe they were getting alot of complaints and decided to start to do the right thing ?

11. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Just for fun I checked several other online sites for 30 rd Pmags and found that two of them were sold out. I'm betting that they're going like hot cakes.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nuts, I wanted to get some 20 round Pmags for my son. Why 20 round? Because they accept a 5-round plug for hunting and are more reliable than the current cut down five round mags that Bushmaster sells.

13. magicman

magicman TS Member

I think they are sold out and there supplier is also sold out ,therefore unavailable

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bmiller9@yahoo.com, you seem to have an axe to grind....

15. rivercityjeff

rivercityjeff Member

Could it be an issue with the website? Lord knows computers ain't perfect. Well, except for my Mac. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.