1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would love to vote for Mclain except

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Not a team player.

Always looking first to compromise with Democrats, instead of standing with his party and forcing a vote based on Conservative values.

Worked against conservatives (on to many issues) in the senate on what I presume was to set himself up for a future presidential run. He even did this when Republicans controlled the senate.

His stated position on issues may change as he courts the right, but...

He was for REASONABLE gun control.

He was AGAINST tax reduction.

He was FOR the death tax.

He won't CLOSE the border and would allow ILLEGALS to stay and become citizens.

Against drilling for oil in the US.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not a conservative by any means, and likely to be more repressive on firearms to appease the libs.

HM

3. Woodyard

Woodyard TS Member

Except I can't spell his name.

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Additionally -

He was one of the Keating Five, in the late '80's. Used his status to try and influence a Senate investigation into the sacking of Southwest Savings. See the above link.

Actively worked against fellow Republican Senators who wanted to eliminate the filibuster as a means to stall, or kill, judicial nominations. One of the "Gang of Fourteen". Until President Bush was elected, no judicial nominee had ever been filibustered.

Crossed over to Democrat side for support of McCain-Feingold Act, which in its guise of campaign finance reform, puts severe limits on free speech during political campaigns. Also known as "incumbent advanatage bill".

Dennis

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

McCain or the antiChrist. Your call.

At least we don't have to worry about this moron.

"Sen. Kerry Blames Tornados on Global Warming

Former Democratic presidential nominee blames 'intense storms' that have killed more than 50 on climate change.

By Jeff Poor
    Business & Media Institute
    2/6/2008 5:07:05 PM

Politicians using tragedy to advance an agenda has been a tried-and-true strategy. Paint the idea green and a natural catastrophe became political fodder for former Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry (Mass.).

Kerry appeared on MSNBC on February 6 to discuss storms that have killed at least 50 people throughout the Southeastern United States. So, of course, Kerry used the platform to advance global warming alarmism.

don’t want to sort of leap into the larger meaning of, you know, inappropriately, but on the other hand, the weather service has told us we are going to have more and more intense storms,” Kerry said. “And insurance companies are beginning to look at this issue and understand this is related to the intensity of storms that is related to the warming of the earth. And so it goes to global warming and larger issues that we’re not paying attention to. The fact is the hurricanes are more intensive, the storms are more intensive and the rainfall is more intense at certain places at certain times and the weather patterns have changed.”

Kerry’s assertion tornado activity is related to any type of climate change is questionable based on the writings of at least one meteorologist. Roger Edwards, a meteorologist at the Storm Prediction Center of the National Weather Center in Norman, Okla., has doubts about any global warming and tornado relationship.

“As of this writing, no scientific studies solidly relate climatic global temperature trends to tornadoes,” Edwards wrote on the Earth & Sky Web site in April 2007. “I don’t expect any such results in the near future either, because tornadoes are too small, short–lived, hard to measure and count, and too dependent on day to day, even minute to minute weather conditions.”

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Watching this video presentation on how the immigration policies will affect our nation is scary as he!! It takes a while to load but is very good. Gives some perspective on what we can expect with the current crop of candidates and where we're heading? Watch this! Hap

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

McCain is not perfect. I wish we had someone better but we don't. Those that will sit back and not vote or work for someone else will only make the matters worse. McCanin is better that Hillery or Osama Obama any day.

TB

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Those that will sit back and not vote or work for

I will not pull the lever for McCain, nor vote for the candidate on the other side (or a third party candidate).

Will vote, but vote to elect house and senate members with true conservative values.

It only takes Thirty-four conservative senators to stop any bill from coming up for a vote in the US Senate, as it takes 2/3 vote to close debates on the senate floor. Thats where the power is, to include the border, taxes, treaties, and the courts, but we need those 34 conservatives in the senate.

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Imagine the damage Hilobama will do in four years, anyone for golf? Conservatives can still be effective by lobbying hard for conservative candidates for Congress and the Senate. Hiding for four years and not voting will not solve the problems we face. Seems to me that McBain, restrained by a strong conservative republican base is better than the alternatives. Time to salvge what we can and work for a better future.

Robert

10. tomk2

tomk2 Member

McCain handily won Illinois on Tuesday. What you didn't hear, is that there were record numbers of Democratic ballots cast in the "collar counties" surrounding chicago. About 480 thousand Democrat ballots to 280 thousand Republican ballots (I think). These counties are republican strongholds for decades, and the Democrats sorely want to extend the Chicago machine into them. So has Daley finally succeeded in taking over the collar counties for the Democrats?

Not a chance! These counties are not 60% Democrats. In fact, they are probably closer to 60% Republicans, but you get to decide on election day which ballot you want. Democrats don't even bother to put up candidates in local races in these counties. So what happened? Republicans and independents by the hundres of thousands passed over the Republican primary so that they could vote against Hillary in the Democratic primary, where Obama got over 60%. Republicans did not turn out overwhelmingly to elect McCain, they turned out overwhelmingly to vote against Hillary on the Dem ballot. If Hillary is defeated in the primaries, republicans will not rally behind McCain, since it will already be mission accomplished.

11. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Just suck it up! After all the whining and crying you'll fall in line like little sheep Baa Baa" and vote for him. Like I said before, I can vote for anyone I choose as an american, such as Pat Paulson, David Duke, Obama or J. McCain. You seem like your tied to what Rush, Sean and Anne wants. Take a chance and write in your choice and vote... Mike

12. KeystoneLight

KeystoneLight TS Member

I am a very conservative voter who is having a real problem with McCain in the lead for the nomination. I do not want to sit out the general election but I cannot bring myself to vote for McCain. Third party is out as I made a mistake once before with my protest vote for Perot instead of Bush. I still feel guilty for helping put Clinton in office.

Mike Huckabee has my support and vote but at the present, it does not look good for his chance of being nominated. Romney was not an option with his changing positions.

If Huckabee can keep McCain from the nomination threshold then maybe we will see a brokered convention where Newt Gingrich can be the nominee. I can dream can't I?

The current situation looks bad to this old southern republican voter.

stone

13. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Would you rather have McCain or one of the leading democratic candidates?--- I can't imagine any of us 'rednecks' voting for Clinton or Obama!--- Looks like it's one of the three unless McCain drops dead before the election!---I don't like all McCain's positions, but I sure don't like Clinton or Obama!

14. pendennis

The same morons who have wrecked the conservative leanings of the Republican party, will want conservatives to tuck tails, and beg forgiveness, giving in to the liberals.

Well, if it takes a train wreck for the conservatives to get control back, then there will probably be a train wreck. I don't know of many conservatives who will apologize for maintaining conservative beliefs, and selling out to the libs.

There are always the Libertarians.

Best,
    Dennis

15. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Wow. Romney is out! If he had dropped out on Monday, I bet you would have seen Huckabee do really well on Super Tuesday. Around here, republicans in droves ignored the Republican ballot figuring that there was no point (Huckabee was a long shot, McCain and Romney not liked) and instead pulled Dem ballots to vote against Hillary. If Romney was not still in the race, a lot of those extra Dem ballots probably would have gone to Huckabee. It is now a very interesting race, and I think McCain is in for a serious challenge now.

Dont forget that Huckabee repeatedly says on every national TV appearance he gets, that he is ALL FOR the 2nd Ammendment. No other candidate even acknowledges the issue unless pressed.

16. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Could it be Huck. and Obam.
    Mitt. is out.My vote will go with Huck.Fat lady has not sang yet.

Bo

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

I plan to vote against either of the possible Democrat candidates. It does look like the only way I can do that is a vote for McCain.

Pat Ireland

18. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Time to start burring a few guns in tubes out in the yard,,,,because that will be the only way you will own one in a few years,,,,,,,thats what happens If no one votes,,,,

19. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

682,You are so right on, if no one votes.I don't know how many people I know that do not vote.Their excuse is, don't matter anyway.My answer,(Do you have any idea how many Troops have died fighting to give you that right).

Bo

20. pendennis

Huckabee will be thrown overboard by McCain. There is no chance that he will be the VP. Now that Romney is out, McCain can safely move to the left, slap the conservatives in the face again, and run as he sees fit.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.