1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would love to attend a clinic....but

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

I live in the Portland Oregon area. I belong to two local clubs. I have never seen a flyer or info on a shooting clinic in this area. Both clubs have an instructor that is available and I have taken a lesson from one of them (yes, it really did help).

Anyone know of a clinic in, or availablity of such, in the NW Oregon, SW Washington area? I have the Kiner DVD and just ordered the Harlan DVD. Would love to get some actual hands-on training from a top gun. Any suggestions are appreciated.

If I was to continue with the local instructor any suggestions for how many lessons or how often, as a general rule?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a guy named Daro Handy who is from the northwest and he shoots a fair to midland round of trap as I recall and gives lessons besides ... Look in the archives on TS.Com to get some info on him, he might be closer than you think ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Starship... Check your PM......Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Leo Harrison will be Spokane WA just prior to the Western Grand in Sept. A two day class is being organized. Email to above address if you are interested.

5. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you are interested in Leo's class, you better hurry. Space is limited and its filling up fast. The shoot dates at the Spokane Gun Club are September 3-7 with the clinics being held on Sept 1 & 2.

Another idea is a clinic from Daro Handy before the Inland Empire Handicap May 14-18 in Spokane. His clinics are May 12 & 13.

Contact Leo at the website above or Daro at www.darohandy.com. Its money well spent and a great tune-up just before an excellent, major shoot at the Spokane Gun Club.

Eric Olson

6. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Daro Handy lives just down the road (I-5) from you. He offers clinics before shoots, will travel to your club for one-on-one or group classes, and will train you at his place, your choice.

Chuck Dryke in Sequim, WA (1-360-683-5631) owns the Sunnydell Shooting Academy in Sequim. He has camping space in a park-like setting if you want to stay a few days, or there's a state campsite & motels nearby. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.