1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like to purchase small trap and skeet club.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Would like to purchase a small trap & Skeet range preferrably west of the Mississippi. Smaller communities what I prefer. Friendly to gun owners. Getting ready to retire and will need something to do.

2. cafowler

cafowler Member

I like your idea, good way to spend the golden years.

But, why not pick a town/state/area you like and start your own? Seems like it could be more satisfying, and cheaper?

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Why don't you consider coming to Arizona and put a club in the southeast valley are of the greater Phoenix area. Maybe the Apache Junction area. We have a great club in the Northwest part, Ben Avery, but it's pretty far from a lot of shooters who live here. It should probably not be any bigger than 5 traps and decent club house. It'll be busy all the time if you put about 40 camping spots. There will be a lot of folks willing to help you make it a success.

I know a couple who would run your registered shoots if you didn't want to.

Please think about it. Barry

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The best way to make a million dollars running a gun club? START WITH TWO MILLION!

Seriously, best wishes, and keep us in the loop.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The loss of Red Mountain was a blow to Valley shooters.

Barry, Good idea.

HM

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a club all set up and ready to go in Sheldon, Mo ... The owners name is Perry Cox, I think its 5 Pat traps, a club house, residence, and storage building all good to go ... The owner is thinking about retiring, if you might be interested send me a PM and I'll get the number for you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. deoncoxj

deoncoxj TS Member

We have just the ticket for the gentleman who is looking for a working trap club. We've been throwing registered targets since 1997. Range includes, 4 pat traps, club house, barn, and 1400 sq ft home, on 18 acres, bordering 2000 acre prairie land. Contact us 417 944-2800 or deoncoxj@yahoo.com.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Build one in Apache Junction and you will go broke because they don't have enough shooters in that area of the valley, go west young man thats where the majority of the shooters are ... Barry is a snow bird and would love you to be at his back door while he is here, kind of like when he is in Illinois, close to Sparta ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bill I just can,t believe Barry would be like that ?

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Why not head out towards Goodyear, AZ? used to be a pretty good gun club out that way.

Is there a trap club at Quartsite? Lots of people looking for something to do.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Now you've done it WPT, Barry's going to be pissed.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

My house to Ben Avery - 36 miles

My house to Apache Junction - 37 miles.

Wrong again Bill. For a guy that calls himself Your Arizona Connection you sure don't know much about it. You make the assumption that I don't like Ben Avery. I'll bet I spent over twice as much money there than you do and without humping their managements legs at all. Money talks, ....well you know the rest.

13. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I have wondered why someone from the old Phoenix Trap club (maybe they tried this-I don't know), why since the land around Luke AFB is owned by the city of Phoenix, (buffer zone), why not put a club in an area where there could be zero chance of hitting any aircraft on take-off or approach?

There is lots of land-- it is being farmed upon. And if it is true that the city of Phoenix owns the land--- then they must be leasing it out to the farmer. Why not lease some of it out to a trap and skeet club?

Something for someone that might be interested in doing such----might look into... huummmm

And what ever happened to all the money from the Old Phoenix Trap Club......? Maybe two groups could work something out together.

Phil just my 2 cents

14. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Boxhorn's Gun Club in Muskego, WI is for sale. Contact Rick Schim @ www.boxhorngunclub.com

Dick Gries

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Barry,

First off I assume nothing, and I don't hump anyones leg ... I just get along with people and they happen to be good people out there ... Seems to me you had a problem because one of the Ladies (Ruth) out at the didn't recognize you and you appeared to be upset because once again you stated how much money you spend out there as if that really makes the difference in any way, shape, or form ... I don't impress easy and we can match bank accounts and or investments any time you want for what ever you want ... I do not know where you live in Phoenix and really don't care to be honest with you but can tell you that IF you own a house in Phoenix or anywhere in Maricopa County its not registered to you ... I actually remember you saying that you own 3 homes in Phoenix and yet there are none registered to you or your wife ... The statement that you own part of Ben Avery because you are a tax payer don't fly because the Tax payers don't own it, Fish and Game does ... Now, go crawl back in your Hole, see you at Avery later this week ... Opinions are like, you know the rest ... Mess with the BULL, you get the horn ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

By the way, I looked at homes and property all over Apache Junction and came to the conclusion it was to far away from everything that I wanted to be closer to ... We can match wits on Arizona anytime also, so Yes, I am Your Arizona Connection ...

16. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

Is it me or are the first two sentences contradicted by the rest of the post?

Does bi-polar have a hyphen?

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Captain Bud,

The land around Luke cannot be utilized for a gun club neither can the land thats attached to the west side of PIR which would of more than served the purpose ... What is not owned by Phoenix is owned by the BLM and they do not want to cut loose of it ... Property was looked at and considered all the way west past Highway 85, to North of Lake Pleasant, and to approx 30 mile south of I-10 ... There is a lot of land for sale but nothing that could be developed and engineered without breaking the bank ... The flat land out there is owned by farmers and ranchers and they are not interested in selling it ... There was one piece of land out near Buckeye that might of been workable but excavation costs would of been excessive alone not to mention sewer, water, and electric ... I personally spent many, many weeks and hundreds of hours searching to no avail ... I have found NOOKs and CRANNIES in places you would never believe there would be nooks and crannies out there in the open desert ... Diamondback Rattle Snakes and desert critters all over place also ... Kind of like Apache Trail without the bridges and on the west side of town ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Phantom is at the end of the taxiway on luke. 2 skeet fields, don't know if they have trap or what the base requires. They tried to close it down but General Pletcher slapped down the CO.

Fun trying to shoot when an F16 throttles up.

HM

19. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Is Myrtle Grove for sale?

I was there two years ago and is was a flop. Lot's of potential though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.