1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like to buy 2012 Grand American pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claydust0069, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

This year was a special Grand for me. Since it moved to Illinois I do not get to go every year. This year my youngest daughter who is not a trapshooter decided she wanted to go out with me and spend time before she left for college on Sunday, Aug. 19. We left on Wed and I shot on Friday. We returned home Friday after I shot. When I classified on Thursday they were out of the 2012 Grand American pins and told me there would be no more available. They said they ran out on Tuesday. Normally I would chalk it up just my bad luck. I do not wear the pins I have collected…I have them in my safe at home. However, given the fact that my daughter gave up 3 days she could have spent hanging out with her friends literally a day or two before she moved to college so that she could go to the Grand with me made it what will probably be my favorite Grand ever. Therefore, I really want to get one of those pins. I want to pay for it because I know that someone is going to have to be willing to give one up since they ran out. If you are willing to sell me one please send me your mailing address and I will send you an agreed upon amount. I am not going to send you my mailing address nor post it on here cause I am a man of my word and I do not want someone just sending me a pin. And, I do not want a bunch of them…just one. So, once you and I have settled on what the amount is to be at that time I will send you the money and you will then have my address. If you prefer, I live about 30 minutes from the Cardinal Center and will be shooting there several days next week. I could meet you there and buy it from you. Like I said, normally I wouldn’t care one way or the other but this year is very special to me. Thanks for your consideration.

2. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Send me your address and I'll mail you one in a couple of weeks. I am pursuing my other sport, Striper fishing on Cape Cod and won't get back to Charlotte until after Labor Day.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte, NC

3. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

Hey, thanks for the messages and pm's. I believe it has been resolved. I knew I could find a bunch of really good guys and gals out there on tc.com who would be willing to help out. Turns out the fella is just a few miles from me. I really appreciate all your help.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I was told they gave the AIM shooters a bunch of pins the week before, then didn't have enough for the Grand shooterts. If the AIM shooters stayed for the Grand they should have gotten one,but they should have held enough fot the Grand shooters. Nothing against the kids, but think that wasn't a good dicission.

5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I also did not get my pin. There was a lady next to the Trap & Field lady that was taking ATA card numbers because they were puting in another order for those who did not get theirs.
    Clyde Doll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2011 grand american pin