1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like input from bt100 shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KillerMcCoy, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerMcCoy

KillerMcCoy TS Member

I have a chance to buy a like new bt100 for $1500. I am shooting a bt99 but I do like the higher rib. What do shooters of the bt100 think of them? The one I am looking at is 34", choke tubes, factory ported and adjustable comb.

Thanks, Billy

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I never owned a BT-100 but always thought they looked like a nice gun for the money. But Browning devalued them, in my opinion, when they closed them out at reduced prices when they released the "new" BT-99 like they did with the BT-99 MAX when the BT-100 came out. I have several friends who bought new BT-99 MAXs for just over 50% of their former list price from Browning dealers at the Pennsylvania State Shoot and some other friends who paid full price for their MAXs a few months earlier and vowed never to buy another Browning. As I recall, the only feature on a BT-100 that was not on a BT-99 MAX was the drop-out trigger.

One thing to check on a BT-100 is if the firing pin was replaced with a second-design part (and I forget how to tell the difference). The failure rate on the original pins was near 100% but only the first six months or so of BT-100 production was affected.

As I recall, there were also two versions of the BT-100 - satin or glossy finish on the bluing and wood. The satin finish guns were less expensive. The gloss version also was offered with a Monte Carlo or thumbhole stock.

Ed

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

for the money you cant beat the BT100 get one with an adjustable comb and a recoil devise and you will have a great gun, although very flat shooting, even with the high rib, make sure you get on with the drop out trigger that has the selector for eject or extrace ,,,, some dont have that feature.

4. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

Great gun!!!!!!!!!!! I had one for 2 years, and I moved from D class to A in 6 months. Recieved 2 1/2 yds. now Im shooting a KS5 and im getting real close to D class again. And back on the 21 yd. line.

good luck, Pat

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Billy, The BT-100 was made in three finish types, satin (low luster) has the drop out trigger but does not have the other two features. Like the adjustable pull 3 1/2 to 5 pounds of pull, and The extract or exect feature that the high gloss gun has. The Stainless steel in the third one and does have both of the other features as well. I love mine and will not sell it. mine shoots all the economy shells I have tried very well. I don't have to touch the empty hulls as they fly out nicely. If the time comes back to reloading in the 12 ga. I simply turn a screw and take the hull out and save to reload. The price you stated sounds good for hi-gloss gun. A bit high for the Satin finish gun, and very cheap for the Stainless steel. Good Luck and I hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I've had 4 or 5 Bt100's and every one of them shot pretty high, the rib has quite a bit of vertical taper towards the front. They do seem a little muzzle light for my taste but a weight on the barrel will fix that. The extractor doesn't lift the shell very high making it hard for me to get the fired shell out with gloves on, the gloss version has the option of changing to eject. Pretty hard gun to beat for the price imho.

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have owned all three finishes. Do not get the satin finish gun. Either of the other two are great guns. My favorite, personal preference was the gloss blue. Easy to clean, adjust and shoot.

JON

8. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Never owned one but a friend of mine had it and he let me shoot it a while back. That is one nice gun, definately preferred it over the BT-99 I was shooting at the time. They were just a nice handling gun that didn't kick much for me and absolutely smashed targets. I think $1500 is a decent price on one, too, I don't think you'll be going wrong picking it up at all.

9. KillerMcCoy

KillerMcCoy TS Member

Thanks a lot guys. This is all good info. The gun is the highgloss, blued version and the only way you can tell it has been fired is because the man said he shot it. It looks that new! I am going to go ahead and get the gun and I appreciate all the input from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.