1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Would Browning?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MDMike, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Would Browning reregulate/ replace barrels/ make good on an XT that seems to be shooting to the right. I bought the gun new several years ago and never shot it until recently. Found out I couldn't hit s@&% with it. Figured it was gun fit so sent it away for a Gracoil and an adjustable comb. Got it back and still can't hit s@&% with it. Taking it to the pattern board soon to confirm my suspicions. I had a friend that bought a new 425 a while back and couldn't hit with it. Sent it back to Browning and they sent him a new gun. I know, I should have gone to the pattern board first before moding it but I wanted to use it. I am the origional purchaser of the gun. Thanks, Mike....

2. Dean Scott

Dean Scott Member

Let somebody else shoot it and that may help you determine weather it;s the bow
    or the Indian.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Your first inquiry should be to Browning. Not one person here including me can give you any helpful suggestions only opinions regardless who shoots your gun which solves nothing. Only Browning can tell you what they will and will not do for you; using a friends situation is not a baseline for how Browning will treat you and your situation. My suggestion is you have all receipts and anything pertaining to your purchase in hand when you speak with them.

I've said this until I'm blue in the face, if you have a problem with something the starting point is the factory who built the product, only they can take care of it.

Surfer

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

You might be screwed when it comes to Browning warranty.

Since you had the gun modified, they may use it as an excuse to void the warranty.

Should have addressed the problem early on.

Companies are looking for anything to negate warranties these days.

Regards.....Gerald

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Since you had the gun modified, they may use it as an excuse to void the warranty."</I></blockquote>What warranty? Browning doesn't offer a warranty as such. They handle each gun problem on a case-by-case basis and decide whether it's a result of manufacturing or of use.

Besides, Browning uses "performance parameters" to decide whether or not one of their guns shoots acceptably or not. It's their call. If they think it's close enough and shoots within specs, then it is.

Keller

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, thanks all. I'll hit the pattern board next and take it from there.

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I'd have a buddy shoot it too.....Make sure its the gun and not the shooter.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You're kind of operating with insufficient information. To say you and your friend can't hit anything is no indication there is anything wrong with the
    barrels. You haven't said if you've tried both barrels, and can't hit with either one..
    It's a good idea to pattern the gun to determine if there's a prpblem with
    the barrels before you do anything else.

If there's a problem with "regulation" of the barrels,that means
    that both barrels don't shoot to the same POI. If one barrel shoots right or left of the other, that's a major problem. If one barrel shoots higher or lower than the other, that may or may not be a problem. For instance, if the lower barrel shoots a little higher than the upper barrel, that could be good for doubles. More often the upper barrel will shoot a little higher than the lower barrel, because it is affected more from recoil.

If both barrels shoot to the same place, but too high or too low, that's an easy fix with the adjustable comb. If together they both shoot left or right,
    that could be more shooter related, and could possibly be corrected with
    adjustment to the comb.

Also, let some other shooters try the gun. Maybe it isn't set up for the way you shoot. After you've done all this, the last resort would be to send it to
    Browning.

9. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

Try Neil Winston's Point of Impact (POI) at 13 yards and get some good data of where your gun is shooting. It is one of the best procedures ever suggested on this forum.

Terry Sandlin

10. tburrey

tburrey Member

My buddy purchased a new Browning XT combo. He patterned the single barrel and it shot 9 inches to the left at 40 yds.(center of pattern). So three of us patterned the gun off of sandbags at 40 yds and with the three of us shooting from sandbags the gun shot from 7 inches to 11 inches left of center. Needless to say my buddy was not a happy camper. He called Browning and sent the gun to them per their request along with the targets (which they said they didn't need). They sent the gun back to him after about 3 months and said ' the gun shot within our specifications' whatever that means. That's all they would do. My buddy no longer has that gun and shoots a Beretta. That was our experience. Hope this helps. Tom

11. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

I have pretty good luck with Brownings, but I only shoot targets going to the left.

If I find something going to the right, I let it alone.

Don't want to mess up the proper natural order of things.

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I had a Browning XT a few years ago that shot extremely high, no matter what I did with the gun. I sent it back to them. I called them after quite a bit of time had gone by. They said the gun shot within their specifications. I said, "Put your boss on the phone". After some muffled conversation between the tech and another person, they then said they would replace the O/U barrels, which they finally did. The disturbing part to me was that I had to lean on them to get them to do what they should have done without me prompting them.

I would call them and begin the dialogue. Good luck Mike...

Jon Reitz

13. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well Mac1, I screwed out one modified invector plus and screwed in another one. I think I saw some improvement. This weekend I have a couple of Briley extended tubes, 1 modified and 1 full. I'll try them and see what we get. Thanks all, Mike...

14. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Briley modified extended seemed to do the trick.... Thanks all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.