1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOT---OLD MONEY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by COLOKOLAR, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

If you can help or have advice please email dropping xxxxx'es.
    My father in law was in the Merchant Marine and sailed on the North Atlantic in all those big convoys to Russia and ?
    He was a saver and collector. All his logs, diaries, convoy papers, notes on ships sunk etc went to the Maritime Museum in Halifax along with his collection of military medals, insignia, uniform patches, rankings etc that he'd traded for.
    But he also did the same with money--traded other captains, seaman etc for coins etc--most seem to be Australian, Panamanian,Phillipine, English, Netherlands etc etc. Most are pre 40's and are certainly not close to being in mint or unused condition. Any thoughts on how I could determine worth--or who might be interested in a collection of this sort?
    Thanks for reading all this...............
    Bill........

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Bill, asked the same question to a antique coin collector last month. My father kept bills from all the different places he flew to during WWII. He told me not much collectable value but each bill/coin would have to be looked at.

3. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Dear Cy-Kick;

Think your probably right........Thank you for responding. This might be one of those things ya just pass on to a grandson and tell him its from your great grandpa etc etc etc.......
    Have a good summer and shoot well
    Bill

4. letts

letts TS Member

A lot of this old money is for sale on Ebay compare yours with whats for sale.

I did it with German money from WW2

Letts

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Check your local listings for any gun shows that are geared more to the antique and older military arms instead of modern weaponry. Chances are there would be a few dealers there dealing in old coinage and paper money.

Also check your local listings ... gun shows are popular but so are all kinds of other shows as well. If your in or near a major metropolitan area you might be able to find anything from a pen show to a sewing show to possibly even a coin show in the area as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.