1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOT Moto GP to Indy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I was just watching one of the best shows on TV, "Wind Tunnel", with Dave Despain. They were interviewing "The Butthead", Tony George, and he stated that there was a better than 50% chance that Moto GP would be coming to Indy. Mr. George is a very conservative person and for him to say that is a positive thing for racing here in the midwest. I personally can't stand the man, had to deal with him and his chrony Mel Harder at a former job, but I would forgive him if he manages to pull this off.

I just started this thread for the fellow Motorcyclist on this forum.

ec90t

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The Daytona coverage was great, except for the 200 which was kind of a snore but what can you do if someone leads by half a track?

The short track -who's Jake Johnson? - showed that though old timers held on for longer than anyone imagined they would, youth, in the end, can't be denied.

I have never heard of Tony George, but if he can bring MotoGP to us, he can't be all bad.

Neil

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Neil,

Tony George is the CEO of the IRL and was very instrumental in the break-up of open wheel racing in the US. His family also ownes the Indianapolis 500 track.

The 200 has gone downhill since it has been run with 600's instead of the big bikes. Dunlap and the other tire companies didn't want to build that would last more than 14 laps. The AMA just said that they would race a lessser machine to cut down the speeds.

Jake Johnson is another hotshoe out of Michigan. Those boys up there just know how to ride a M/C on dirt proper.

I still haven't got used to the two seperate series of flat tracking. I still watch and go to the races because I love it so!

ec90t

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jake is in about his 4th year of GNC, was one of the hot new guys and is getting well seasoned.

Jared Mees, Henry Wiles, et al are journeymen now after anly a couple years due to gobs of talent.

Mike Rush (shown) Up and coming flat tracker.

Watch Nick Cummings, another Michigan Mafia contender.

Last year there were lots of serious injuries to older riders, Springer, Poovey, and Atherton.

The new talent for this year is going to make some good shows. If you can make Springfield Memorial Day( watch the weather, it rains out about half the time) It's well worth the trip With a TT Saturday night and the Mile on Sunday.

HM

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Halfmile,

There has got to be something in the water up there in Michigan. I don't think that the flat tracking/ TT crowd will take you seriously unless you originate from Michigan!

ec90t

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ohio is not far behind. There is usually a great deal of racing, and Southern Michigan guys have a nice playground there.

The flint Area, ever since Bart Markel, seems to be the incubator.

Notice the nice groove in the photo above, Doesn't stop Mike rush from "backing it in".

HM

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Halfmile,

I tried to get the hang of backing a M/C into a turn in my younger days. I never quite got the hang of it. I usually ended up on my butt. That's what dirt bikes are good for, teaching you how to ride before you start street riding.

The most impressive backing-in job that I have ever seen was Eric Bostom back-in a Superbike down at Road Atlanta. He did this coming down the hill into the last turn before the straight. He might as well been riding a XR the way he handled that Kawi'.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.