1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth of a Sig convertible with trace crimson?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bcnu, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Guy I know has what he says is a sig model 230 that you can change the barrel and spring and shoot a different calibre. He says .40 and .357. I think it would be closer to .40 and 9mm. Has a trace crimson already on it. Half a box of shells thru it. The guy don't know too much about guns and I have not got to see it as of yet. He wants $550.00 for it. Should that be a pass? Im going to look it up later tonight but being as we trapshooters know everything, I thought that I would cut to the chase? Anyone have one? Like it? I'm primarialy a .45 shooter and always have been. At that price would it be worth buying as trade material? Thanks, John

2. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

yes its true the 230 sig 40s&w can be converted to shoot (357sig) with spring and barrel change. Sig Sauer pistols are well built machines. you will not be disappointed if you buy it. Does it come with the 357 sig barrel? If so its a very good deal. The crimson trace laser grips are $250 + alone.

Jason in PA

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

No, but he said the extra barrel and spring are about 275.00. Im not familiar with .357 Sig, it must be alot shorter than .357 magnum, thats why I thought he was mistaken. So with the .40 only and the crimson I shouldn't be hurt any at that price? I might buy it and just keep it, I mormally carry a commander and I think this should be a little smaller in size. Don't know if I will like the double action though. Thanks, John

4. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I like the commanders too... Can't go wrong with a colt!! The sig will be wider a little more bulkier in my opinion. It wont be any smaller than the Commander. 357Sig shells are tough to find sometimes and are quite pricey.
    They pack a good punch though. 1350-1425fps

5. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Its not a P230,as that is a .380 only-probably a P239 which can be 9mm/.40/.357 by changing the barrels. A friend of mine has one for sale with all 3 barrels if you are interested. Paul in Virginia

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

One distributor had a special on those 2 barrel set up with crimson trace grips for a ridculously low price

I forget who it was- but does that matter now?

If you like it than get it

Gene

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have not got to see it yet so if someone has one cheaper I am interested in it. Never hurts to have an extra just in case. So it is actually a 239? I think I'll go to Acadaney tomorrow and check one out. If you know of one less than 550, post it on here or pm me. Actually, I think I'll go to the sig site right now. Thanks, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.