1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Trophies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fordfan347, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordfan347

fordfan347 Member

What is the worst trophy that you have ever gotten at a shoot? At a recent shoot I was given a flowered vase for a trophy. I would think that a trophy is something that is supposed to remind you of your win and something that you could be proud of.

2. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

a picture standing next to ron watson. lousiest trophy any1 can recieve.

3. jwatts

jwatts TS Member

Well, I hope the vase was nice, something for the wife I suspect. At least she gets something for once. My worst.... In Oklahoma, at a gun club I will not name. I won the short handicap, about 45 people were in the class, wind blowing like a hurricane and I shot in the low 90's. I received a wally-mart flash light. Even had the sticker still on it. $2.54. I had to buy my own batteries though... bummer. Buying my own batteries kinda took the joy out of it.

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

I can understand wanting a trophy for your wins early in your shooting years. I no longer take them and have a box full in the attic and several belt buckles in a drawer. If you need them, send me a message.

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Also, at the club that gave baseball caps, they also give sea shells glued to a 2X4. Not worth taking home. I would be embarressed to try to give this crap to anyone, let alone call it a trophy.

Tomas

6. Flench

Flench TS Member

2 Years ago at my state shoot. I tied for A Class HAA. I shot 30 shells to win a box of 25 shells for the prize. It was my bad because I was still new to shooting and didn't know I needed to look at the trophys before I wasted the 3 hr's waiting to shoot off.

Doyal Kirby

7. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

How about two boxes of someone elses reloads. I was able to salvage the shot and primers.

8. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I won a handicap event at a club and the trophy was a little paper back book with about 50 pages titled "how to shoot handicap" with a price tag on it with 3.29 and there were about 60 shooters in the event. The tropy was immediately dumped in the trash can The club was a club in VA.But since then I understand they have improved the trophy list.

Duckeye

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Big Dave - At this point that's the winner in my book.

My all time favorite is the 1/2 yard punches and no trophy you get when you're first starting out. We've all been there.

10. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I won a stuffed Pheasant for HOA that must have been stuffed at home. A week later I had to throw it away because it was rotting. Allen

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And they wonder why people don't come back. A picture frame from the dollar store. HMB

12. ASHOT

ASHOT TS Member

A book on how to shoot trap

13. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Good thread. A spot light from Casa Grande, Az. Four goblets from the Dixie Grand in Odessa, Fla. They were too big and fragil for the luggage. Hullchucker

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Helena, Montana...State shoot, 1992....broke a 96 in the championship doubles...got in the shootoff for out of state class A...other shooter didn't show...they made me wait 45 minutes and then gave me a plastic cased watch worth about $40 that quit within a month!!!

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

the nicest trophy that I won was the final punch to the 27 yard line. no money, no hardware, no lewis class and no thanks from anyone, just some personal satisfaction motordoc

16. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

For my 1st 100 straight in doubles I won 2 whole boxes of estates for doubles champ, don't know what the class winners received. At an other shoot I was handicap champ and got nothing but a punch, shoot management decided to give all the trophies to the low scores. that club no longer throws registered targets.

17. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Same as Big Dave:

Two boxes of someone elses reloads. I left them right there on the counter did not want to damage my gun.

Berettaman7

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Redlands: See Strawberry water hose on "best trophy tread."

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you go to a shoot look at the award for winning the shoot (HOA). Add up your entry fees and cost of ammo and see if the award is less or greater than your expenses. If it is less I think you should ask yourself, what am I doing here? HMB

20. juniorshooter

juniorshooter TS Member

A few years ago I was Junior Handicap Champion on Sunday at my home state. I got a little napkin holder. Not too many juniors use napkin holders. O well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.