1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Summer for Shooting in a long time

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Once again last night, it started raining here in northern Illinois just prior to shooting time. Seems like every Wednesday night and Sunday morning rain. This really sucks!

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've hit wind at every one of the 8 shoots i've been to so far. Scores have been WAY down because of it...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Same down here in Southern Illinois as well. Every Thursday night just before we go to shoot the wind picks up and often brings in rain with it. This years weather SUCKS!!!!-----Matt

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You guy need to think about what you are saying. You all sound like chronic complainers. You can't change the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Bob Lawless

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<center><I>"The more you complain, the longer the Gods make you live."</i></center>

Lister

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Right now I'd give up a lot of shoooting days to get some rain in N. Texas. We are feeding hay in August to keep from selling cattle in this down market. I was in SE Texas over the weekend and they are in similar shape and the Hill Country is really dry. A friend in SE Texas had her pump burn up due to the water table dropping below her pump.

We need a TD or hurricane badly for all of Texas to recover from this droughty period.

HBT

7. pdq

pdq Member

As Vern said, rain seems to be the norm here in PA, plus temps lower than typical. My number of registered targets this year really suffered, as did my average. It's now the middle of August and everything is so lush that you'd think it was the first half of May.

This must be the result of global warming, eh???

Pete

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I live on a ranch in Texas where everything is burned to a crisp. I sure wish the weather gods would send us some rain....in any amount including a flood or a sprinkle. Be happy that you are getting rain. Rick.... Texas

9. AKJim

AKJim TS Member

If you were in Alaska, that's the way it is most of the time. This year has been an exception.

Jim

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We just had a short heavy rain. First in a long time. I mowed the grass yesterday for the first time since June.

When my grass gets brown spots, I know the farmers are hurting.

HM

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

We had great weather for the Grand - albeit a bit warm.

It really sucks if you travel a long way to shoot and the weather is miserable. At home, I can light up a cigar, bullshit, relax and shoot another day.

Don Verna

12. JRW

JRW Member

The wind and rain seem to crop up right after I pay the cashier. Jerry in MI.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its been a lot cooler here- nearly perfect

Al gore doesnt come to Iowa any more talking about climate change

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Our club located in NE Ohio shoots trap on Wednesdays & Sundays; weather forecast is as follows: rain on Wednesday & again on Sunday. It's been like that since Spring. BT-100dc

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I truly feel for those of you whom need rain. This last year has been very wet I teach and my school was closed for five days last September because of flooding. The rain has not let up much since heavy snow year and rainny cool summer. wish we could send some rain where it's needed alas we can not. It is cyclical and your turn for the rains will soon come your way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.