1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst gun care ever??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I was shooting with my neighbor a few years back, he has a nice kreighoff and keeps it in mint condition.. he was telling me of a guy who shot on his squad that also had a real nice kreighoff, but he never took care of it.. one day the guys gun wasnt opening and closing very good and in between rounds he disappeared.. after a few minutes someone spotted him in the parking lot, he had the hood up on his truck, was pulling the dipstick out and rubbing the oil on his gun so it would open and shut....

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Heck, we had one buddy who kept a new K-80 RT in the bed of his pickup truck-rain or shine. This guy worked on a dairy farm but at least he kept it in the case-didn't mean much when it rained!!

3. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

nothing wrong with motor oil in a pinch.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Any lubricant is better than no lubricant at all, remember when we were young all that greasy crap we used to put in our hair like crew comb, Vaseline, Butch wax, Vitalis, and the list goes on and on ... lol ... Think about it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

STOS is good on your hair. It's colorless and pretty much odorless. I would use it if I still had hair.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I'm sure he hosed it off with the garden hose behind the club house before he put the motor oil on it. HMB

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

I had a friend(now departed) that left his 870 TB in the bottom of his duck boat outside all winter. The gun,(un-cased) was submerged in about a foot of water next spring. He showed up ata local shoot and asked me if I thought the gun would still shoot. A quick squirt of WD-40 and off to the trapline he went......amazing!!!!!!!! It stil functioned.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Oh, I forgot about another buddy who left his TM-1 standing against a tree for years. Another farm boy too!!

9. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

I have a friend who has a K-80 trap combo and it has never seen grease of any kind.

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

A quick squirt of WD-40 and off to the trapline he went......amazing!!!!!!!! It stil functioned

You shouldnt have posted this.. you will be banned from this site for saying wd 40 actually worked on a gun..hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.