1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

World record longest shot at a clay pigeon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Nineteen-times world champion George Digweed has set a new world record for shooting a clay pigeon. In front of the cameras from Fieldsports Channel, and using standard cartridges, he shot one at 130 yards.

George pulled off the incredible shot at the Bisley Live shooting show. The record rounds off an incredible year for George, he has won 19 World titles (11 Sporting and 8 Fitasc), 11 European Fitasc title, 2 European Compak titles and 9 World Cups. He was awarded an MBE in 2009. This film first appeared in Fieldsports Britain, episode 97.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Teixm6JMw_k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

What is the constriction of a standard choke? Why is 27 yards so difficult? JRM

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I hit one at 135 yds. the other night, but I didn't get it on vidio!!

tony

4. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

You have to have a BIG Shell Company sponser to hit a Clay target at 130 yds .
    What is yours.....Tony ? There are few Really World Champions as good as George
    the Gamer ,for Money ?

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Ya ok, now go put up a sheet of paper and shoot a couple patterns. I'd wager that he wouldn't have more than a pellet or two on the paper at 130 yards.

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Great advertisement for Black Cloud 5's.

7. Joe Potosky

Part of the show he puts on. Seen him hit a target at I think was 110 or 115 yards. It was a few years back.

He also shoots 5-stand from the hip when he is doing a demonstration, breaking 99% of the targets. Impressive to watch.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

anyone else notice that he is using really long barrels....look to be 34" or maybe even a bit more

9. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

he eats good

10. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

vpr80, After your post I had to watch it again. Your right thems some long barrels .

11. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

yeah i mean he's a big guy, but just haven't seen many people use o/u's that are that long. i sure as hell would not be able to. i wonder what the weight on those is.

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They are 34" according to Michael Yardley.

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Pretty damn impressive and hard to believe.

I wonder why he does not come to the Grand to try for the $100k? It would attract crowds to watch him succeed (or fail). It might get a bunch of SC shooters out too.

If he likes it hot, Sparta in August will be perfect.

Interesting clip.

Don Verna

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I did not see the breaks, so I am skeptical. I would have to see it with my own eyes.

15. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I'd like to watch Mr. Digweed shoot in person at the Hartford Gun Club or the "Grand". He's got the build for the game!!

Harry

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

It used to be,eat your way to AA. Now its confirmed big is best. Why were none of these long shots shown on the film? I'm sceptical. I and guys I shoot with break targets at the 80 yard range with 1 1/4 oz # 6. Add 50 yards to that? Shooting a standard load, hard to believe. Clyde

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Don,

If they put up a $100k, winner take all, invitation event, Digweed would be there.

Few would bet against him.

18. Joe Potosky

110 yard teal.

I think this was at the Addieville East Farm (RI) lobster shoot a few years back...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rRO_zflUKYk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also won the FITASC and 200 target sporting main event.

19. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Pot shooters routinely break targets at 100yds and beyond.

Robert

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

BMP

Jim, I don't buy it. If he is that good, he can come for Championship week. Shoot only HC and play all the options. They cannot put him further back than the 27.

Have the ATA invite him and make a BIG Splash. Good for him and good for Trap. It is called Marketing. Gets attention and exposure.

If the other "sporties" think Trap is easy pickings they can come shoot and boost attendance/interest/money.

Naw. Never done before. Our big dogs will are too scared - NOT!!

The man is a great shooter. He can only help by shooting ATA even if he cleans up.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clay pigeon longest shot
world record clay pigeon shots
world record for further clay target shot
world record longest clay target shot

worlds longest clay target shot