1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

World of "Tron"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by squirrelkiller, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

SAN DIEGO – Jeff Bridges promises the new "TRON" is just as groundbreaking as the 27-year-old original.

The 59-year-old actor and star of the original film came to Comic Con Thursday to help present early footage from "TRON: Legacy," due in 2010.

Bridges notes that when "TRON" was released in 1982, the Internet and personal computers didn't exist. The futuristic tale took viewers to a digitized virtual world, a concept that was decades ahead of its time.

Despite modern moviegoers' everyday interaction with technology, Bridges says he "can guarantee you're going to get the same kind of pop with this one. Everything's going to be super-ized."

Filmmakers showed some concept sketches and a brief, never-before-seen clip.

Maybe I'm a little behind the crowd, but I never heard of this movie. Of course, I was a senior in high school at this time and many other things occupied my mind and other parts. I have always been curious as to where the famous Tron sign on came from. Is this the origin???

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

World of

yup.

HM

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

World of

Yeah, that's how I got my moniker. I seen that movie back in 82' and thought it was a clever concept. The day that I first started using a computer was the day that I discovered this site and that movies concept just came to mind and I was indeed sucked into a computer in an off handed way. LOL.

I did see the new movies trailer with the new light cycle chase and it looked interesting. Hopefully the storyline will be stronger than the original which I found a bit weak.

Who knows, maybe someone in Hollywood will contact me and ask if I'd be willing to make a cameo appearance.

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

World of

The term "tron" was actually an old, very old, computer command. It stood for "Trace On" which ran a program that showed your program steps, and, hopefully, where the glitch was. The companion command was "troff", which stood for, you guessed it, "Trace off".

This goes way back...

capvan

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

World of

Used GWBASIC with those commands. Actually I still use it, I have a utility for Lewis shoots written in it. I always forget I can't use a mouse for the first half hour.

HM

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

World of

Tron,
    Is there a part for Kitty?
    Don Verna

7. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

World of

And a custom made burlap cover for his lightcycle too. jon

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

World of

Tron's world? It's a place that is fast beoming uninhabited as the auto makers loose the battle. It is frequented by the lovley Ms. Tron and a wild eyed scary creature the infamous Kitty!

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

World of

Please check the 100 straight boots thread and give generously if you can.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

World of

TRON is used for DE-bugging. That sign-on name has never seemed like a good fit for him. LOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.