1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

World Helice Championships report

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

That was an interesting thread. Sounds like a lotta fun!

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

SportShot,

They are BASICALLY the same, but not really. The older game, ZZ Bird-"Zinc Zurito", had thinner metal blade (propellor) and a thinner white witness cup that just slipped under a couple of tabs at 180^ apart. These cups could easily be knocked off of the propellor, but the Helice targets I have seen are much different as far as getting the witness portion to separate. The propellors are some new age plastics and thicker, with a button-type tab to "click" on the thicker plastic witness cup. It took quite a bit of force (using my fingers) to push the witness cup from the propellor. I have never shot a helice target, while I had shot a few ZZ birds, but from what I hear, you need to use a pretty tightly choked gun to center your shot to make the separation and have the cup drop in the ring.

Good luck and good shooting,
    Mike Hessong* (MH*)
    Victoria, Texas

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

From the descriptions of the facilities down there it sounds more like a rumble in the jungle rather than where a world class shoot would be held? But, any shooting is fun no matter where! Hap

4. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

BUT, DO THEY ALLOW RELEASE TRIGGERS?

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.