1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

World DTL in Ireland???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fosterj2000, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosterj2000

fosterj2000 TS Member

ok so i just saw an add for this in this months Trap and field (pg 47)
    has anybody gone to this? have any information? their website shows them shooting american trap, is this ATA? it just so turns out that i'll be in Ireland during the time of this shoot...

thanks,
    Joe

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Joe, The World Down the Line champs are shot under 'Points Score' conditions used throughout the Commonwealth. 2 shells in the gun, 1st barrel hits score 3 points, 2nd barrel hits score 2 points and a loss is zero. I can't recall for sure, but it is about 250 targets shot over 2.5 days, all shooting is off 15meters, 5 targets per lane. Best I can do for you...sorry. Cheers-Graham.

3. LAD39

LAD39 Member

This is for Joe and all interested in going to this shoot. clubs e-mail address gun@esker.ie you can bring gun in. But you need
    ( firearm certificate application ) club will send it to you I'm working mine now. Bob Presto

4. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Thanks for explaining that point system. I did not know that. Is it a wobble or "continental" type machine with vertical and horizontal movement?

5. fosterj2000

fosterj2000 TS Member

thanks for the replies guy, i totally forgot that i posted it here! so, who all is going from here? i ask because maybe we could get a group and room together, im looking for a place to stay at the moment. i have plans in Ireland up until the 18th and was thinking of ahooting the 19th to the 23rd. lets hear from you if you are going, drop me an email even!

thanks again for the information!
    Joe

6. fosterj2000

fosterj2000 TS Member

hey guys,
    where are you guys staying? i see the website has a few B&Bs but it looks like most are fully booked...

also what about ammo? does anyone know where to get it, if its available at the shooting grounds?

7. chapk80

chapk80 Member

http://www.esker.ie/index.html

The above is the web site for the world dtl champs in ireland. There will be cartridges avaliable. Guns arnt a problem as i travel to ireland three times a year from england and there has never been a problem. Give the ground or pat a ring and he will tell you all the details. Paul Chaplow.

8. fosterj2000

fosterj2000 TS Member

thanks Mr. Chaplow for the details!!

9. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Is there an update on this EVENT?

Is DTL shot on a continental or wobble trap?

10. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Dynapro, DTL is basically a two shot ATA event, no wobble or continental type target. My old rule book says 50 to 55 yd target, with angle of 22 degree each side of center line. AJ.

11. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Really.... a 2 shot ATA event...? ... .....

I bet the HOA shootoff's are very crowded......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ireland dtl