1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

world dtl championships

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chapk80, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Well after shooting in america on a couple of occasions. Im pleased that only 1 sole american made the trip to ireland to shoot our world championships. Because if a few more of you guys turned up im sure there would have been a riot. As im fully aware of the standards that you guys expect. The targets / facilities, didnt come up to standards. Im begining to think that you guys are right regarding the world champs (its the grand american). But im looking forward to the next world champs in south africa in march 2010.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Paul, while you and Ian both shot great in the pre-world event (you won three, didn't you?) the Esker site doesn't have the finals. OK, what happened? We're hoping. . .

Neil

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

I understand flooding was a problem at the club....

4. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi NEIL. Im pleased to say that i came 10th in the world dtl championships and i was a member of the winning england senior team (gold medal). Ian finished 14th. There was a shooter there from australia who finished 6th overall and i saw that he was at the grand american as he won the high overseas shooter with a 199. Ive just booked and paid for my flights today to come over for the southwestern grand with 5 of my friends. But believe me that the targets that we were shooting are nothing like yours i think that the scores will tell you that. Keep in touch. PAUL

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sportshot: Why are you trying to stir this pot?? Now you can insult and tell the DTL how to change their shooting program. I thought Peter did a good job ignoring you.

Don

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Paul, I see that a lot more second-barrel hits were needed than I am used to seeing from the CPSA or SCTA. And I also see a greater determination to have a committee at every shoot pass on the legality of targets, both in terms of distance and angle. Is there a connection?

I'll be sending you and your secretary some suggestions for radar setting as your website requests. There are a number of pitfalls to avoid and "best practices," if you know what I mean . . .

Neil

7. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Neil you are quite right what you say, after our 1st vist to america we took alot of ideas home. Mr alan henry was in my party and hes the owner of the biggest and best dtl shooting ground in england (bywell). Since our 1st visit we have started shooting in a bank system adopted from yourselfs and our targets are set to speed as well as distance with the aid of a speed gun. These are just a couple of ideas we have put into good use since our 1st visit to the usa.
    But regarding the world championships that have just passed the poor scores were down to bad light / visibility conditions. And the pig headedness of the ground owner he wouldnt take advise off anybody or our governing bodies etc
    For results and pictures cut and paste this into your brouser www.icpsa.ie/
    I think that you are starting to see that its not as easy for us lads in the uk, as it is for you lads in america. As im sure you will have seen the scores of the top american shooters at our krieghoff shoot ??.
    p.s. how did you get on at the grand american. And will we see you at our next world championships in south africa. march 12 - 21 2010. At valley gun club.
    See you soon. And keep practicing cos were coming. All the very best PAUL

8. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi Peter the world dtl champs will be held at valley gun club south africa. They have a web site so have a look mate.
    Please introduce yourself to ian and i at san antonio next year . All the very best PAUL

9. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dtl shooting america