1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

World All Around Championship Scores

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

ATA Trap and NSSA/American Skeet completed...

http://www.iclays.com/scores/scores121.html

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

27 yard trap was problem for some.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jimmy Heller wins the trap handicaps. Wish I was there to watch! Hap

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks for putting those up Joe...

Looks like all the usual suspects are in the lead...

Kruger, Digweed, Robertson...

Pat Lieske could be a dark horse, he's near the top and his best events are yet to come...but you can say the same for Digweed, Kruger and Robertson regards best events...

I think it will come down to 2 or 3 birds difference between Digweed, Kruger, Robertson....

I would like to see Pat Lieske win it because he is a local Michigan shooter and a really hard worker...

I'm thinking the winner will be determined Sunday...unless there is a runaway...

regards

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Now that the easy part is out of the way they can get down to some serious shooting.

regards

6. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

Lieske was at the very bottom of the live bird shooting. Doubt he can make that up!

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

When I add em up I get Scotty Robertson in the lead with 424 followed by Digweed with 421, then Kruger at 419...David Hughes at 417

I don't see how Lieske can make up from 406 unless the leaders go blind, get bad ammo or have humongus hangovers....

Tomorrow should be very interesting....

regards

8. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

I watched part of the ZZ Bird, er Helice today. It was tough for everyone with the wind gusts lowering everyones scores. Digweed was started talking to himself everytime he missed!

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Cost - $5,000

900 All Around Targets

Payout of $160,000 is based on 40 entries.

Each of the nine disciplines will pay $15,000 1st thru 7th place prize money in addition to the All Around Champion thru 5th place overall prize money.

The shoot flyer...

http://elmfork.com/pdf/World%20All%20Around%20Flyer%202008%20(PDF).pdf

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

Looks like Scott Robertson is serious....

11. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Unless one of the top 2 have a really bad day, doubtful, it's gonna come down to the SuperFinal. Even with Jon sitting in 4th he's almost 20 targets back, Brian is 20 targets back.

I'd say the ~70 temps will give Digweed a "closer to home" atmosphere than he has had, looks like good weather for the 3:00 games.

12. chuckles

chuckles Member

It looks like either Scott or George will win it at this point, Scott seems to be a little more focused and I'm putting money on him to beat George out of a repeat...I hope so anyway.

I think it might come down to who handles the pressure best now...

regards

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I was hoping Pat Lieske did well. Nice guy and runs a great facilty near Detroit. I've shot with Tom Mack and Pat. Both good guys. Tom tells jokes in between stations. Can turn it off and on.

14. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

Bob C , Pat B and yours watched the 5 stand this am, was very impressive, Robinson, Digweed, Kruger, some great long crossers.So really trickery target setting here. No give aways any place. Watched Jimmy Heller shoot 5 stand he was holding his own, not his game he said.

The first squad in the Super, shot about one hour ago, waiting for Bob to call will with the results.

Looks like Scott is going to take it, talked with him this am and he is really focused.

Ben Dobson

15. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

Bob ,just called George won it on the Super Final shoot by 2 birds over Scott.

Ben Dobson

16. chuckles

chuckles Member

Unbeleivable, 2 years running....this guy is a real shooter, best in the World this weekend.

regards

17. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Scott Roberson was UP by 7 birds going into that last event. AND Digweed by his own admission had a "bad day" yesterday but still came back to win by 2 birds. He relly might be the Tiger Woods of Shooting Clay sports.

18. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Sportshot

Lost by two targets?

Who do you think "chose" the format that is a """stupid way to end an event"""?????

A fluke?? Is it a fluke that Cory also broke a 23 in the final? And Duffy broke a 22.

Your remarks only belittle the valiant effort put forth by Robertson. And disrespectful of those that actually "did the work"!

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Didn't Robertson put the format together?

20. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Yes, Scott Robertson put this Word Championship format together. What is all the complaining about? Didn't he finish 2nd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.