1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Working the Grand American?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beau69, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Anybody on here have any experience working at the Grand? Is it worth it?
    Beau

2. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I worked as a trap machine mechanic at Fundalia for 8 years ,it was a blast. but i heard that the girls that pick the hulls up aren't that cute in Sparta, but besides that i would have done it for nothing just to have the cart to ride around . Go for it

3. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

how much do they pay?

4. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

My son worked the Ohio state shoot and the Grand for 3 years working the practice traps. He started about 6:30am and finished anywhere from 6:30pm to 12:00 midnight. They would ask him to fill in here and there and work the shootoffs as well. He loved it. The pay is minimum wage I think. Todd

5. joshif

joshif TS Member

Zara, If you're already some kind of mechanic and have electrical experience( not changing a receptical) and have patience under pressure you may< (probably not) do an apprenticeship with an established pro who is selling out or BUY him out.You can move to San Antonio Texas,Sparta,Rend Lake,any BIG facility and work as a grunt during NSCA,ATA and NSSA shoots and suck up to the mechanics to get you in the door. In other words,Pay your dues.Laporte will teach you how to fix their traps for a fee. Go for it. I wouldn't quit my day job unless you're already used to getting abused by customers,shooters, mgmnt, and like long thankless hrs at work for less/yr than a burger flipper.I know of 3 pro's willing to sellout. Got cash?

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Most Southern Illinois girls are pretty. The rest have great personalities.

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

zarathrusta, i went to the Winchester plant for a 2 day class to work on hand set machines . nobody was working on the machines at the club i belong to and i wanted to learn to work on them. i found this out through a friend of mine and Mike Jordon (the winchester guy)not the basketball player . got a call one day after the grand had started because they had somebody went home sick. those 8 years were a lot of fun , i got paid $1000.00 for the 10 days, $775.00 after taxes which payed for what i shot that week. Jeff

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

At last years Open/Grand, the kids made $7.00 per hour with time and a half over 8 hours. The sups made $10 with time and a half over 8. Long, hot, dry days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.