1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Working on a beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jason Hassler, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Anyone know of any good resources, books websites ect to learn how to maintenance a beretta 682x? I'd like to learn how to change out the inertia spring and others that need routine replacing. Thanks for your help.

2. BD457

BD457 Member

Ditto,
    all i've ever found is the exploded views

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Try U-Tube for a video of what you desire. HMB

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I am unaware of any manuals on this - you would think there would be some....but I learned by doing. It really is an easy design to understand once you pull the stock off and look at how the lockwork functions.

If you have a reasonable mechanical aptitude you shouldn't have a lot of problems working on your 682.

The most important thing is you don't use force on anything and you use the correct screwdrivers and punches where needed. If you don't have a digital camera, get a small reasonably priced one and take lots of pictures of the receiver as you work on it. this will help if you should loose your way on the re-assembly.

Now if you just want to replace an inertia reset spring, I would aslo volunteer to walk you through it the first time. It is not a difficult job and you really don't have to tear the lock work down that far. This is where the secret 'lost toothpick' method really shines.

5. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

I have two 682s. I bought springs from some some outfit on this board.They were fine. Jim Bledsoe gave me the number of some company in Italy, and I was surprised when the triggers and sears arrived in a few days. Jim knows about Berettas. You will need an extra set of hands. If me and my wife can do it, surley you can. The only spring I did not change was the one for the lever. It was supposed to come out the top, but it did not want to come out. I decided to leave well enough alone. If you have the reciever separated from the stock, put masking tap across the pins, or they can fall out.

6. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Very good info so far. Keep it coming guys.

7. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

This is a discussion on shotgunworld about dropping the trigger group.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=278811

john

9. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

What is wrong with your gun? I am guessing it may not be recocking reliably for the second round. If it is not, take the barrels off, and look in the reciever. Two chrome rods will be on the bottom. A small spring is inside. This can be checked without taking it apart. The left one could be it.

10. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Thanks for the link, that's helpful.

There is nothing wrong with my gun, see previous post. I am gathering information so when the time comes I am educated.

11. wolfram

If you are preparing yourself for this work then it is a good time to buy the replacement parts. You can get everything you need from Coles or Beretta USA. I would get three of four inertia reset springs, a set of hammer springs, a pair of firing pins and the firing pin return springs and a set of ejector springs. These items aren't that expensive but is you wait to buy them when you actually break something then the postage and delay could be a problem.

12. goony

goony Active Member

How many rounds should you be able to fire before the springs, etc. need to be replaced?

13. wolfram

Goony,

I usually get about 15K rounds out of the inertia reset spring so I try to change this out every year. If you try to push it, the gun will fail at the worst possible time like when you are on the last post of a great round of doubles.

The other springs have a much greater service life but there again a little preventive maintenance goes a long way. Given their low cost, replacing them every other year or so is not a bad idea. (Depending on how much you shoot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.