1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOOHOO Pat Traps at Brittany

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just heard of an agreement between Brittany and MOTA. Win-Win for everybody. WHOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barry Happy Thanksgiving All!

2. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

What ??? MOTA ??? I hope so, Please explane.

3. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

I forgot, If we could only get white flyer targets to go with the pats !!!

4. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Darn, another thing taken away from the whiners...LOL....Roger

5. Barry C. Roach

For exact details it would be best to contact Jim Matteson or one of your zone directors. I'm sure Jim will have details in the Trap & Field soon.

This is a big deal for Linn Creek, Illinois State Shooters as well as our out-of-state shooters. I just love those win-win deals. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Barry

6. biff

biff Active Member

Barry, All fields? Biff

7. Barry C. Roach

8. samples

samples Member

9. lojama07

lojama07 TS Member

WooHoo, dreams really do come true...

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

If dreams really do come true than its going to be Rosie O'Donnel and Ellen Degeneres under my Christmas tree this year along with Hillary in my stocking.

11. Barry C. Roach

A very nice Christmas Gift to all who shoot our state shoot as well as all other shoots at Brittany, from now on.

Thanks Larry and Carol, the ISTA Board of Directors, and the Missouri BOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas everybody!

12. Barry C. Roach

You gonna come and shoot with us this year jbbor? Love to see you there!

13. Barry C. Roach

Kent, I don't know what you're driving at as being "susceptible to Larry's Charms," and we may need to clear that air face to face someday. If you want details from me just call at 618-980-0877. I'll tell you all I know which is incomplete. If you need the whole story, do as I suggested and call one of your southern zone directors or Jim Matteson.

14. Don S

Don S Member

Mr Matteson has reported that Larry Mohr is in the process of purchasing 24 new Pat traps for the Brittany Shooting Park. This report will appear in the next issue of Trap & Field.

15. Barry C. Roach

Kent, I think that this is a positive move for the health of the ISTA. The one most heard (by me) complaint about Brittany has been the worn out traps. They are/were a pain in the ass for the shooters as well as for the management of Brittany. That known and broadcast by the grapevine, Brittany was getting a lot of badmouthing about target presentation. With this new deal in place we should retain our valued shooters better and thus, retain the ongoing revenue our association sorely needs.

My point in hearalding the new traps is to let all who have complained about the worn out X-traps that Brittany is a better place to shoot our state shoot now than ever before.

What the ISTA directors did is craft a win-win-win deal for Brittany, Illinois and Missouri. Brittany only needs that many automatic traps for one shoot. Missouri doesn't need all automatics except for the Fall handicap and their state shoot. This deal relieves the problem for two very good trapshooting states and gives Brittany a very good way to pay back the shooters of Illinois without all the out-of-pocket money paid at one time. The ISTA gets paid faster with the Missouri deal in place. On top of that Missouri has Pat trained mechanics to maintain them and it is my understanding that Missouri is going to be responsible for both the labor and part's expenses in this agreement. Transportation, back and forth is going to be shared.

There may have been other ways of skinning this cat but I believe that this is the best I've heard of with the least number of compromises.

WOOHOO, I say again. Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.