1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOODSTOCK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

How many people here went to Woodstock? I was only 9 years old in 1969 but I wanted to go.

2. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I went on Sunday I was 16 hitched a ride from Orange County to Bethel

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's been told that over 3million say they went to Woodstock but there were only about a half a million there. That was too many. The filth was incredible.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

At age 62, I have peers that treasure their Woodstock ticket stubs. Shows ta go ya!

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I went.......... to the one in '94 in Bethel.

6. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I'm 65 didn't go , I was playing a in a rock band at the time and worked that weekend. Had a friend of mine that had a ticket but his mom found out and he backed out telling his mom he never had a ticket. He hid the ticket behind the bathroom mirror so she wouild not find it, And he forgot all about it for 30 years.
    His parents sold the house and moved away. A few years ago he was on EBAY and saw a full unused ticket go for $4,000.00. He had an idea. He went back to his old house and told the woman that lived there that he was raised in that house and if he could come in and see it for one last time.
    The woman remembered him from when they bought the house and told him to come in. After some coffee and small talk he asked if he could use the bathroom. Well the old mirror was still there, with a piece of cardboard he had in his shirt he found the ticket. Sure enough he got $3,600 on ebay.

7. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I rememeber it,14 yrs old, and Vietnam too, never could be a hippy, no matter how hard I tried. Never could let the hair grow either. Never smoked a cigarette, but love my cigars and pipes. Wow the memories from back then z28's and a vette.Where were the pretty girls back then like they are now. If I was a teenager now I would have the world by the tail.
    Railroad

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Been there. Lived a few minutes from old Max's farm for years. My Daughter still does. It was WAY over-rated. Feed somone enough drugs and they'd think anything was cool. :)

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

That's right, it was Saugerties. There was a smaller thing going on that weekend in Bethel, if my memory serves me. All I know is that it rained, A LOT!!!!!!!!!!

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

VF 126

I've always wondered how they got the name for that road. I'm sure there is a story behind it. I used to hunt out near Fosterdale on a private hunting preserve and up near Callicoon and down through Cochecton. It was a very different area back then.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There is and will be only one Woodstock. I laughed when some people tried to have another Woodstock in the 90's. The first thing they did to take any chance of it having a heart was to try to make money. There were fights and rapes and other things that did not happen in the first Woodstock.

12. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Quack Shot:

I'm from Waqshingtonville Salisbury Mills really but nobody knows where that is. You might have seen me in the Newspaper a few years back. I was the IT guy working fot Middletown Schools that tried to turn in the Superintendent for molestiing that 14 year old boy. Heard Road is only 35 or 40min from my house. My mom knew that I went on Sunday even though I lied and said I was with friends. there was no fooling nom.

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yes Auctioneer, and it is YOUR generation that raised the kids that took part in the supposed fights and rapes. CONGRATULATIONS!

14. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Was remembering with my kid brother last week about how 45 yrs ago this month I chaperoned some of his friends to a Beatles concert in Chicago. Then we got a laugh remembering that 40 yrs ago this week from fire base Whip I could hear his Marine mortars rock and roll around Hill 55 and Liberty Bridge. Neither of us need hearing protection when we shoot now. I thought Woodstock was a Charlie Brown character.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was a kid when Woodstock was held, but I didn't attend. The only two things that got my attention were Jimi Hendrix and the naked chicks running around. The rest of it was boring or even stupid.

16. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I didn't go but three guys I worked with went. they had endless stories. Most were about being seperated and not finding each other until three days later and then that was hitch hiking back to home and two of them picked up the third.

The next summer I was working in St Louis and they had a rock festival planned then had to change the name cause the city council passed an ordinance about rock festivals and they called it the "Festival of Life" if memory serves me the gal that had a popular tv program in the area was all for the concerts and she lost her job over her endorsement of it. She was Charlotte Peters. Around St Louis back then it was a big deal. I was living about 6 blocks from the Forrest Park and I managed to attend every evening they gave the free concerts. Don't remember who played at all just that we were in an ampitheater and the bands sounded great. I think it rained one evening also. They figured about 30 thousand showed for the music and the cops and city officials made it pretty tough on those who didn't have the money for motels.Makes one think back, those 40 years or 39 sure seemed to go by in a hurry. Dan

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have a woodstock on my bb gun. I think its pine.

18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

widomaker

I know right where that is. My Mom has friends in Cornwall on Hudson. My Niece lived in Washingtonville a few years back. She's around Monroe now. I worked at the GM dealer in Harriman near the junction of Rt 17 and Rt 6 (Maher Rd?), in a past lifetime. Found more money further south, so I made a longer commute to NJ for twice the money and much less BS.

VF 126

I know right where the club is. Never hunted there, since I had many invitations elsewhere. So many woodchucks, so little time. :) Deer hunting was a few deer a year if you played all the options and won the lottery for a doe permit. We had more wild turkey in Fosterdale. Some to shoot and some in the bottle. I had a small farm on the Ulster County edge of Sullivan. That kept me busy enough until the divorce settlement. I had a neighbor who was the local game warden. He was a great guy and never had a problem providing a tag for an "accidental" deer, provided it was unintentional. He passed away a few years ago. Never knew what a "bungalow colony" was until I moved into Sullivan County. :) I was a member of the Sullivan County Conservation Club. We had a range a few miles from the Racetrack off 17B. Lot's of interests there. Fishing, Hunting, Trapping, and a "usually" vacant clubhouse in the evening when away from the wife. Girlfriends loved it. :)

19. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Forty years ago, I was working my way through my short timer's calendar at Fort Lee, VA. I can't remember whether I heard anything about Woodstock until after it happened. I don't know how long it took for the album to come out. I still have that. I also still have my short timer's calendar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.