1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Woodson King Shoot @ Blue Grass Traps 5-16 & 17

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I would like to invite everyone to our annual Woodson King Shoot May 16 and 17. Starting times will be 11 AM. Saturday we will have a free dinneer after shooting has been completed.

Charlie

2. Charlie Becknell

I had previously posted 10 am , my mistake. Start at 11.

Charlie

3. Charlie Becknell

I 75 South, take Newtown Pike Exit

Turn right on New Circle Road (Circle 4 )

Go South on US Hwy. 68 (Harrodsburg Road) toward Harrodsburg.

About 13 miles or so Hwy 29 enters 68 form left and combines with it for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. There is a gas station in the "Y" where 29 (which you follow) splits off of 68, where you bear left,into Wilmore.

Stay straight on 29 all the way through town. At the top of the hill is a 3 way stop . Proceed about 1 1/2 miles and Handy's Bend Road is on your left.

Left on Handy's Bend Road, it dead ends into Gun Club.

www.bgslonc.com

Charlie

4. Charlie Becknell

Fellow Trapshooters,

We have been working all day getting the club ready for our Woodson King Shoot this weekend. A free dinner will follow the days shooting on Saturday, and my goodness, what a feed we are putting on. Tim Foley, our master chef, and pretty good shot, will be slow cooking pork tenderloin. The club looks terrific and we look forward to your joining us at Blue Grass Traps and shooting on the Woodson King Memorial Trapline. If you never knew Woodson you missed something . He truly loved trapshooting and we are honored to continue our annual shoot that was named after this gentleman. Come join us.

Charlie

5. Charlie Becknell

6. Charlie Becknell

We got 200 singles in today, and yes we had a little rain during the 2nd 100. It only rained on us on one trap. I suspect the weather will be better tomorrow. However, the sun was shining bright on our FREE supper. Tim Foley fixed more pork tenderloin than we could eat, it was oustanding. The ladies side dishes were great. I want to thank them for their help. WE have one more big day of shooting tomorrow, come out and join us.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.