1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Woo Hoo My case of CMD gun lube arrived today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Got tired of trying to find a vendor to buy a tube or two without paying more for shipping than for the lube so I contacted CMD directly. 24 2oz tubes at my door for $70 total. That comes to $2.91 per tube. Lets see 2 tubes lasted me just over 5 years so these 24 should last me until I am about 124. Humm do you think I should get some more just in case something happens to the company.;o) Life is good.

--- Chip King ---

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good deal Chip!! Is CMD a black lube, or, what color is it? I've ruined several of my long sleeve shooting shirts with black stuff oozing out even after I wipe it clean when lubing my gun!! Bummer!!

Hap

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Chip,

What if you live past 124?

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hap It is a dark brown lube and it will stain. All of my shooting caps have a matching fingerprint on the bill top and bottom. That is the only down side I have ever found to the CMD but with the color you never need to guess if you got everything.

--- Chip King ---

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

4X lifetime supply! Way to go, Chip....seems you've got enough. BTW, if you wonder what to do with some of the excess, put a 1" wide circle of that pucky goo half way up the support rod for the humming bird feeder. Keeps the ants outta the sugar. Rick said he almost had you talked into the Keystone....you missed a good 'un.

best...mike

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

want to sell a tube? i'd like to buy the last one in the series, the one representing the dates january, 2069 through june, 2072! thanks

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Thanks for the tip Mike. I really wanted to go and had plans to make it but some other "stuff" put the kibosh to my well laid plans. I'm glad you guys made Rick pony up and I wish I had been able to be there. Are you shooting Tuscarora Sunday and Monday?

--- Chip King ---

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Now I'd order a case of bleach and lava soap.

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

We left for Ohio this morning and will stay through the Buckeye, so, sadly, I'll miss you guys. BTW, Cassie told me I'd won the doubles at the other Tuscarora shoot, and have a trophy coming. Maybe Rick can talk you into making the PA State, for a day or three, and don't forget the MD State the following week at Thurmont.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The black moly lube I've used seems to run a tad when my gun gets hot when shooting pretty quick. That's how I ruined my long sleeves. I wiped it off leaving a film on the metals but it seemed to melt, so to speak, when it got hot. Stays with the metal great but remains black!!

Thanks Chip for the info guy!!

Hap

11. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Just use SuperLube...it has no negatives.

12. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I just did the same with militech one. Probably a 10 year supply and it felt really silly to get all excited about grease and oil! My wife thought I was a dork:) But if you like your toys (grease, oil, whatever) you will be more likely to use it correctly.

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Most "black moly lubes" contain only 1 or 2% moly in a low temp grease. The grease is cheap and there's just enough moly in it to make it black...not enough to do any good.

If you're into using moly grease as a lube, buy something with enough moly in it to do some good: Guard Dog is 30% moly in a high-temp carrier while Moly-Slide from NECO is 60% moly in a synthetic carrier. They'll both stay put but bear in mind that moly was developed as a extreme low temp dry lubricant for aerospace use.

Keller

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

It is always good to know you have a lifetime supply, and then some for your heirs to sell at your estate auction.

Myself, I ended up with a couple cases of Frenchy Frigon Free Gun cleaner about 10 years ago, and at this rate my auction should have a couple bottles to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.