1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Won't Set Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rossi690, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossi690

rossi690 Active Member

Won

I have a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap. I have about 9,000 rounds through it, the gun is 18 months old. When I open the gun, and close it, it sets the top barrel trigger only, not the bottom barrel, this just started at the range yesterday. If when I close the gun, and hold the lever open until the barrel closes, close the lever, it sets the trigger on both barrels, any ideas, do I need to have it fixed, or just hod the lever, while I close the gun.

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The first thing to do any time you have an issue is to take off the stock and give the receiver a good cleaning. After that, you might try operating the gun with the wood off so you can see what is going on. You might be able to see what the culprit is, or what needs fixed.

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Keith, CG ha has many trigger issues, all have been resolved when set back to the factory for service, incinerate em!

4. rossi690

rossi690 Active Member

I've had the stock off, and gave it a real good cleaning. It still will not set the trigger. I've observed it with the stock off, but can't find the culprit.

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The First thing to do, is call or e-mail the factory and tell them what's going on. They will advise you if the problem can be fixed in the field or the gun needs to be returned to them.

When you have a problem with anything, the first call is to the guy who built it, the manufacturer. If they can't or won't help then turn to someone on the street but not before making factory contact.

The factory is always the first call, this is how you protect yourself and your investment.

I own three Guerini's, all have been problem free.

Surfer

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

There is one quick place to check while you have the stock off. A while back my Maxum Trap stopped cocking the top barrel hammer (about 35 thousand rounds at that time). When I got it back to the motel I pulled the stock and found that the cap on the hammer spring guide had unscrewed and was hitting the recess in the stock preventing the hammer from cocking. Because I was in the middle of my State shoot I removed it, cleaned it and the threads on the guide and put it back on with blue loctite (thread-locker strength). The end of the guide should just peek through the cap when it is correctly positioned. It worked fine and has not loosened again.

[​IMG]

--- Chip King ---

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Chip King,
    Great photo and explanation. I also have a CG Maxum and haven't found
    any explanation or pictures of problems we might encounter while
    at a shoot.
    Thanks again,

Mike C.

Groveland, CA

Thread Status: