1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Won't cock everytime

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by furface, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furface

furface Member

Won

Just got my first Perazzi combo and especially with the single bbl it fails to cock sometimes. I open & closed it once or twice more and then it will cock. Does it need a new cocking rod? The O/U bbls seldom fail to cock. The gun is a MX6, 1994 vintage unaltered. Any help is truly appreciated. Joe

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sear might be worn.

3. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

With a name like furface and a title "wont cock every time" you do realize your opening yourself for a barrage of comments.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

th gun needs to be timed. Cocking rod could be worn, Cocking foot could be worn, gun may not be fully opening. See the Gun Doctor, Doug Braker. 218-947-3600.

5. furface

furface Member

thanks

6. dward

dward Member

Take the stock off and watch the hammer rotate past the sear. If when the action is fully open the hammer is just getting to the sear a larger shoe usually fixes things. If the hammer is going well past the sear and it still doesn't lock into the sear, there may be a problem with the sear spring.

7. furface

furface Member

I traded sides with the sear springs and think I've found the cure. Also I was'nt opening it wide enough. Thanks everyone! Joe

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

yep, they have to open all the way open!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.