1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wondering about a new rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by redlinefever, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlinefever

redlinefever TS Member

Well I have decided that I need a taller rib because I can't keep my head down. So do u guys no if Browning will make a custom rib for my gun. I shoot a bt 99 ar and I'm wanting to add about a 1 1/2 so I can shoot straight up. I'm a 6'7 long neck kind of Guy any help would be great. Thanks Ryan

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Keen ribs, Bakersfield, CA are probably your best answer. I solved my problems with a PFS with great adjustability, but you are about 7" taller than I. Good luck.

JON

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Keen ribs can help you. 661 703-1865

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Make your own. It's easy and put the money you save towards practice with your new rib.

JK

5. metal1

metal1 TS Member

i`m sold on my new keensight rib at 1 inch

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

JK: Splain pls.

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Do a search on Homemade Delrin Rib Almost Finished. That will splain everything. lol

JK

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Add a Rib is most certainly is NOT $119.00!! That is the lost leader price to get you to contact them. I did contact them and by the time I had them figure in drilling and tapping the holes for the front and mid beads and shipping, that $119 dollar rib was $171 delivered. W.T.F.??? Who advertises a product that can't be used as is? Here, buy our beadless rib for this great low price and figure out what to do with it once it gets there. The biggest insult was the $22 shipping charge to ship a 5 ounce piece of aluminum. Including the cost of a sturdy cardboard shipping tube, that thing can be shipped anywhere in the USA for about half that. THeir advertised price is no different than all the other outfits you see on TV that are hawking some product for some low price and then bend you over on the shipping and handling. Figure out what the thing really costs and let us know all know what it is. Better yet, put the pricing on your website so I don't have to call if I think it is too high to begin with. You price all of your comb hardware, why not the ribs options?

JK

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Goldex,
    My thoughts exactly. You save about $100 over a keensights and it's not custom made like the ks.
    Jimmy

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that whatever dimension you raise the rib at the bead, you will have to raise your comb.

So if you add a 5/8" rib, you'll have to raise your comb 5/8" to get the same sight picture and POI.

11. redlinefever

redlinefever TS Member

Thanks guys as soon as. Fire out how to post pics and get to my laptop get some pics of what I made

12. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Setterman, With a long neck one's eye will be too high over a normal rib to begin with. So that person may not want the same sight picture. In that case, the comb will be raised less than the rib is raised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.