1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WONDERFUL news for TWO PA gun clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=3916

The Phillipsburg Fish & Game Club that ran the wonderful trap range at Black Moshannon State Park, has apparently won the 5 year battle to re-open their range. It's been a grueling fight with much rancor and hard feelings toward the now gone Rendell Administration and the PA DNCR, particularly the park superintendent. The politicians are now taking credit for saving this wonderful old (1906) club; but it was dedication and hard work by many friends and club members that brought this outrage to an end.

Also, let it be a wake up call to those clubs who think that "business as usual" is a proper course in managing our shooting grounds.

There's lots to see/read; but you can start at the link, also GOGGLE Black Moshannon Trap Range for more on the story.

Congratulations, gang, I can't wait to shoot my next target at Black Moshannon.

best...mike

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

That's great news. Now maybe the 7H skeet club in Patton Pa also has a chance of reopening.

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I was born in Phillisburg and raised in Madera and go back every so often , When will I be allowed to shoot at the Club? Am looking forward to shooting there again.

Trap-4

4. Border Bandit

Hey Trap! I'm trying to find out, but we're talking 5 years of accumulated debris and Rattlers IF the guys were locked out and not able to maintain the traphouses, which I think was the case, according to reports. There's a story that, early on, some unnamed persons were able to "rescue" the trap machines in the dead of night, and safely store them; but I'm sure there's work to do, and suggest that anyone with time and possibly donations pitch in and contribute what they can. It's a grand old club which has produced it's share of champions; Ken Dahlgren comes to mind.

best...mike

5. Border Bandit

Russ, it seems good things happen to those who wait (for Fast Eddie and his miscreants to depart Harrisburg); because news has reached me, via Mark Angler, the outdoor writer, that the 7-H Club issue is resolved. They have moved to a better location, and DNCR is paying for it! I believe we have our new Governor, Tom Corbett, to thank for the positive changes in support of the rich sporting heritage PA sportsmen have earned.

Now, if they'll allow the connector from the Snow Shoe Rails to Trails ATV trail to the Bloody Skillet, and put the kibosh to Rendell's landfill at Moshannon, we'll be living large.

woo-hoo....break 'em all....mike

6. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

That's really good news. It is nice to have a pro-sporting Governer back at the helm..

It has been too long without one.

7. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

Bandit, The shoot at the philipsburg rod and gun club on wedesday night went great. The fellows had everything ready to go buy 5pm.They used traps 3 4 5 and th international trap was open also.Trap 1 will not be used because of the slant on th right going down hill. Perry and bill,brad and lynn,jay,paul all worked from 2or3 pm to get every thing ready for the shoot at 5pm and did a great job.all is well come see.Lots of shoots to comeand all are welcome.

8. pitt100

pitt100 TS Member

As a fellow PAer and shooter - congrats!

9. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Limpy 100, will the shoots only be on wendsdays, or other days also.

Trap-4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

black moshannon trap tange