1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WONDER WHY JOBS HAVE LEFT

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by KelleyPLK, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

YOUNGER GENERATION needs to get hungry again ! Welfare needs to stop Taxes are too high city state Fed Taxes gasoline taxes Fed use all this stuff is killing opportunity in the USA ! Just isnt right social programs state ran fed ran crazy taxes bussing all the negiives . The young folks cant see the forest because of tax trees are too tall . At this rate we going down fast and aint coming back !Congress needs 2 terms 6 yrs to reps per state also like senators
    This professional politicians suck the money out of USA and here we sit Fat dumb and happy hoping things will get better and it cannot ! Job losses will continue as we have saw ! Business people wont do any deals unless they get exemptions State City Federal !

Pat Kelley

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

JUst the blessings of Big Government.

HM

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Jobs have left because 3rd world countries don't have OSHA, EPA, Unions, Mimium Wage requirements, discrimation lawsuits for everything, Social Securty costs, Unemployment costs, etc. I could go on forever. Fact is it is a lot cheaper and simpler to make thing in 3rd world countries. ERGO: bigger profits. And this is not going to change until the USA becomes a 3rd world country. Kind of like Los Angeles is today.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Don't you boys worry, Obammie is going to save us all. After all he is the ONE.

Cap and trade, socialized medicine, a possible 2 trillion dollar budget shortfall this year, are all going to help lead his agenda forward. The ONE knows what he is doing. It will be the land of milk and honey in a short time.

3rd world country, I think not. 4th world yes.

5. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

YOU FELLAS HAVE IT CORRECT I LEFT OUT SOME THINGS BUT YOU KNOW THE SCORE !

PAT KELLEY

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Jobs have left because the consumers have been in this "great dicount dilusion" since the spoiled 60's. We have lost the wisdom to sow back into the local, state and national economy. The attitude of "I'll get the cheapest no matter what, screw everybody" increased the demand for crap quality, slave produced goods foreign goods at the cost of the quality goods and the jobs in your own town. In the 40's and 50's we bought quality, high value items that were made right here. The value and durability made them cheaper in the long run, because your didn't need to replace them very often. If the products made in the factory right there in your town or state were a little higher that the foreign made stuff, you still bought it. The money stayed right here, at home. The little extra you paid benefited you in the future as your neighbors had jobs and paid taxes, that built schools, roads, community and the American standard of life. Now it is difficult to find quality made goods at any price, your neighborhoods are in ruin because people without work are seldom repectful of those who are working, your community services are greatly diminished because the tax base has shrunk, and we have less quality of life than ever.

For two generations this country has been trading it's birthright for cheap crap that is all been scraped and is overflowing our landfills. We have traded our towns and civilization in general for gated subdivisions. Now we are trading our freedoms for "feel good" speaches by a person in the Whitehouse who is not even an American and openly speaks against everything that made this country great. NOT exactly a wise decision.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You mean back when you bought from your local hardware/clothing/feed & seed stores. Winchester/Browning/Remington/Marlin/Ithaca were all American made and suited our needs. We drove 30 miles a WEEK to town. Walked to school and back. Knew our neighbors names, kids, and parents. Helped put up the walls and roof on the local church. It could be that way again, but, We've lost our direction.....

8. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

BigM, I could not have said it better myself. I fear we will never get back to those ideals however.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Leo, I agree partially with you,,,,we have lost the americana of the previous generation. But I also think a bigger part of NEEDING the discount, is many HAVE to have that. There is SO much that takes our incomes that was not there before. Look at some cities with an almost 10% sales tax, property tax out the kazoo. Some of this is our own fault in buying mega houses.

Another force that is affecting this generation is the "guilt" that many have since mom HAS to work to get the bills paid and to protect her place in the workforce. If she doesn't continue to work, and mom and dad get divorced, she and the kids have a tough row to hoe. Divorce has also caused some of this as each parent has to try to "outdo" the other and have made a "demanding" generation that HAS TO HAVE IT NOW!!

Now that we have a 2 income household, we get the crap taxed out of us, so to "justify" that since we were working over 80 hours combined, we owed ourselves the $250K house, $50K cars (two of these), $30K boat, Christmas or Thanksgiving in Vail (what happened to the big dinners at mom's)$10K+ shotguns for the kiddos etc. etc. etc.

BigM and BP,,,,it is sad that today's generation will never know the joys and closeness that once was....

10. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I was in foodlion today and looked at the onions, they were from Peru and mushy .I guess we quit growning onions in America.
    RR

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

The jobs have left, because we simply "cannot afford ourselves" anymore.

12. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

We grow a buttload of onions in the USA. Shoot, the Antelope Valley and Palmdale in particular grow huge ginormous amounts of sweet onions. Why we have to market Peruvian onions beats me.

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I may sound a bit heartless but welfare is a joke a bad one. People dont work make babies so others can support them, turns my stomache.
    I know lots of products are imported and the factory I work in let our lower grade of product go to China because it"is cheaper to produce it there".We spend days reworking or remaking the parts they screw up.
    We as a country do look for the Bargains and its human nature and drove the cost of our products so high that we put our own out of work. My dad told me of when the family income was 100 bucks a week and that took care of a house payment car payment and food for our family.
    WHAT HAPPENED? We did it and well I hate to say it but if need be they need to see how it was done years ago and if it worked back then maybe we can make it work again. Our area was once the furniture capital the the Eastern US and you could get out of school and have a job by the end of the day. Now well good luck.
    Gotta do something and soon guess the govenment needs a history lesson.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Leo, very refreshing. I recall going into the hardware store and window shopping the row of guns. There was always a man there who could talk you through fixing just about anything. And way up on the 3rd floor in a dusty attic was the replacement glass for the old light fixture in the living room that mom broke when she was trying to chase a bat out of the house.

I have a yard stick from one of those old stores that is made out of oak, and has brass ends. Damn nice freebie if you ask me.

HM

15. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Before my father in law passed on he gave me a box of tools. One thing that stuck out was that nearly everything was made in America. In fact, the only thing that was marked "made in Japan" was a set of cheap slip-joint pliers. Now most all of these tool and abrasive makers are gone and everyhing says "made in China" on it. If anyone is wondering where the decent jobs that gave a working man a sense of accomplishment and pride have gone I suggest we all look both overseas and in the mirror. By the same token our government is taxing and spending us into a deficit situation that this country may never recover from. I find it all unnerving.

16. KRK32

KRK32 Member

A local machine shop my shooting buddy works at was making hydraulic levelers for a contract job they charged almost 400 bucks a set when done and they were made right worked great polished to a mirror and kept them in a job. Then the company they were making them for decides to send them to mexico to be made these things are junk now look like crap angles dont match holes wallored out you name it. So they ask my buddys shop if they can fix them for around 50 bucks a pair. My buddy told them they get what they pay for dont expect any favors from us anymore.

Just a good example of how quality gets set aside for the best price. Kirk

17. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Don't forget the "SHAREHOLDERS" who think they can live like kings.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

buzz-gun hit it on the head. We can't afford our own products when made by our high priced labor. But, we still demand "cheap" products. Who's fault is it? Look in the mirror.

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Governments are constructed to serve the people. We now serve the government. That is what is wrong in a nutshell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.