1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder if/when this will happen to me

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I was browsing around Gunbroker and saw the following statement, "Am getting too old so am quitting trap shooting." I'm 65 this year - started trap shooting when I was about 62. That note has me wondering when or if the time will come when I actually believe I'm too old for shooting - or anything for that matter.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It's all up to you, some people can do stuff for ever, and some people like myself wore there bodies out trying to do everything all the time

3. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Your never to old, we have a great friend at our local club, just recovering from 37 daily radiation treatments for throat cancer.

We are taking him away for this weekend to attend his first shoot back after 3 months of tough treatment, he turns "89 years young" in a couple of weeks and you would think he is a young kid waiting for Santa to come.

Age is a state of mind, as stated "you are never to old", oh and by the way he still has a "special" lady friend if you get my drift.

Regards............. Release Trigger.

4. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

GRANDPAS......You have a long way to go. i started shooting Trap when I was 63. Shot a lot of birds since then..I am now 75 and have had 4 joint replacements. I shoot 2-3 days a week and attend ATA Registered shoots..I still really enjoy shooting Trap and the folks associated with the sport...My averages are not high but I occasionally shoot a good score. Shoot well and enjoy..RGDS...SMOKIT

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

It's been said that the day that your Trap average falls below your age, you officially become a 'Club Geezer'. I'm not there yet but I'm working on it! But the day that I can no longer mount a shotgun on a Trap field, even if my average is 10x25, will be the day I meet my Maker.

LA in MA

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

When you cant hold the gun with out the pain being worse then the fun you are haveing. Or just when it is no fun anymore!

Enjoy Have fun!

Jerry

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Your physical age has nothing to do with how old you are. As the Who so eloquently put it, "I hope I die before I get old."

8. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

65 1/2 started trap shooting 1962-63, Iam just like GrandpasArms

3 or 4 joints good for all day

mollyone

9. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I shoot nearly every Thursday evening with a gentleman that is 87.

Most Wednesdays with another gentleman in his early 80's.

They are both very good shooters, and have a lot to offer to newer shooters like me.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hey, please don't mis-use my copyrighted term, "Club Geezer."

Let's save that for the grouches who deserve it! :)

-Gary

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I shot the Provincial shoot two weeks ago , and met a fellow who was proud to have shot his age in one event. I wasn't sure that was somethimg to be crowing about, until I found out he shot a 92!

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Two years ago there was a gentleman at our state shoot who had just turned 95 and he had bought a new K-80 that year. The kicker was he had not started shooting until he was 93. So quit worrying about it and keep moving it will keep you young. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.