1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Won 9 Cases Of Wolf Shells - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by In plain view, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In plain view

In plain view Member

Got Lucky at our Awards Banquet and won 9 cases of Wolf Shells. Never
    shot them before - Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks. Bob in Los Angeles

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

They are total crap ... send them to me and I can properly dispose of them for you at no charge this one time only ... unless you get more.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

If they are free, they gotta be GOODDDDDDDDDD.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

As George Digweed is reputed to have said: "the worst shell is better than the best shooter". Lot of truth to that.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

They will blow up your gun and kill you and your entire immediate family. I will send my hazmat/bomb squad team to pick them up. Leave them in your driveway. What is your address.

PS. If you have a nice trap gun, leave it with the shells.

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

They seem to be sensitive to cold weather. Had lots of bloopers in the Winter when I tried them, as well as some misfires. Could have been the one lot, but I never went back. Standard deviation over a chrono was something like 80fps.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Fine in a break gun, Autos may have issues. My experience. I would not use them for caps due to inconsistent veloscity.

HM

8. alf174

alf174 Member

They patterned like crap in anything I tried but YMMV.

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

They will bark alittle.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

well they are free

some 11/8 once that I shot had felt recoil like the PMC- they rattled your teeth

regards from Iowa

I would trade them- after one box it was an unpleasant experience

Gene

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hey Bob...bring those terrible and dangerous shells with you Saturday and I will be compassionate enough to properly dispose of them for you.

12. famill00

famill00 TS Member

If you shoot them in cold weather put them in the clubhouse so they dont get cold....if they get cold they will cost you a bird here and there. I can tell you this from EXPERIENCE.

Forrest

13. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Won some at a shoot.....shot one box at 16 yds......Alf. wouldn't eject the empties......broke a 24 'cause one went ka-poof.....gave the rest away.

Buz

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Zardozforty

Yeah im sure that Clayborn Hunter was as shooting them from the 27 I have shot a bunch of them also from the 27 all the way up to the 24,5 yard line ok I think the 2 3/4 is just as good as the 3 dram from the front line but I like the handicap loads futher back but as I was told by one rep's he shot the regular 3 dram load from the fence instead of the handicap loads and he carried a pretty good average.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Haven't shot them in a few years. They were a little on the rough side then recoil wise. Broke the targets but the powder then really stunk I mean real bad. Not sure what they are like now but do like the price.

Rock

Jim

16. pdq

pdq Member

I don't know what they use for powder, but it burns stinky.

Pete

17. pdq

pdq Member

I don't know what they use for powder, but it burns stinky.

Pete

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You have your answer. They were free, so pass them out among your friends and see if they stay that way.

"You wanna try some of these Wolf shells I won as a door prize? They're supposed to be okay for 16s."

19. nicky

nicky Member

I'm glad I did a hit on this thread because I now know if I need to get rid of 165 flats that , Lumper , J brooks , Ahab , and Sqibb will all look out for me in my best interest and take it off my hands. The best part is at little or no cost to me. You meet the best friends here on T.S.Com. Thank's guys, Kevin

20. In plain view

In plain view Member

Thought you would like to know: Well folks, shot 7 boxes of the 2 3/4 gram loads, 7 1/2's this week-end at 2 Gun Club shoots and they far exceeded my expectations. Ran a practice round and had a 97 x 100 in singles yesterday. The 3 lossess were because of slowness between the years. In my opinion there just as good as the AA's, Top Guns, Gun Clubs, Estates, Kents and Rio's. Because they are scarce in these parts (So. Calif) I'll probably find them hard to come by but the cheapest I can find so far is $5.38 box which is a downer. I understand the Euro in causing the problem now. Oh well, having 8 cases left they should do me for several months. Appreciated your comments. Thanks. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.