1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOMEN'S OLYMPIC TRAP INFORMATION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Reed, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reed

Reed TS Member

The Women's Trap Qualification rounds will start at 9:00 am Beijing Time (Monday, August 11th)/8:00 pm CST (Sunday, August 10th).

Information including squad lists, individual information on each shooter, schemes being used, squad rotation, live results, and final results can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/RPT/SHW401901.shtml

The links for the "intermediate results" and "results" will be active once the first scores are posted at approximately 8:40 pm CST. Each round takes about 25 minutes to complete, so new scores will be posted approximately every 30 minutes. If you leave the "intermediate results" or "results" webpage open, it will automatically refresh after 15 seconds -- You will get the scores as they go up.

There are scheduled 1 hour breaks in between the flights/rounds of shooting. So the live results will have 1 hour breaks between some of the updates. Scores should be posted twice in the first hour, then a one hour break, twice in the third hour, a one hour break, twice in the fifth hour, and then the final will start 2.5 hours later. The information for squads, starting traps, schemes being used and the time schedule can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/C51J/SHW401900.shtml#SHW401901

In regards to the final:

The NBC website does not state the women's final will be broadcasted live on the internet, but it didn't say that about the men's final either. So I'm going to be safe and guess that it will be. Don't be mad if its not.

The women's final is scheduled to start at 3:00 pm Beijing time/2:00 am CST. If the final will be broadcasted, it will show up on the NBC website around 2:00 am CST (maybe slightly later). On the shooting homepage, there will be a link right at the top of the page, above the pictures in the rotating news release. It will say in red letters "LIVE: Watch the Women's Trap Final NOW," just click on that and a new window will load so you can watch the final live. The shooting homepage can be found here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html

In order to watch the final you do have to download Microsoft Silverlight. If you plan on watching the final live tonight, I would download the program now so you can start watching right away and not miss anything. To do that, just watch ANY of the videos on the www.nbcolympics.com website. The download will start when you click on any of the videos.

Watch live and cheer for the USA!

2. Reed

Reed TS Member

My last post was updated after I found out there was going to be scheduled breaks...

Also, MSNBC just said there was going to be live streaming coverage of shooting on NBCOlympics.com tonight...So that will include the Women's Trap Final.

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thanks for the update...that makes it what, 6:00 p.m. Pacific time? Geez, all these time zones!

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

KC27: What time and at what time zone?

5. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

Reminder that if you want to watch it live on your computer, in addition to silverlight, your operating system has to be Microsoft Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate. Thank you NBC.

Lets see: 2AM Central is 3AM East and midnight on the left coast.

And Canada's Susan Nattress is now in her 6th Olympics. A tough record to beat!

- - Bill

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Bill (Bunker guy) -- not true about Vista. I'm running XP/Firefox, installed Silverlight for Firefox last night and watched the Men's Trap event with no problems whatsoever. I did this at 1:00 a.m. this morning.

Looks to be showing around midnight here...another late night in this house!

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Women's prelmin's are going on now (since 6 pm PDT). I can't seem to get it live online. Am I missing something or are they not live-streaming the qualifications?

8. Reed

Reed TS Member

They are streaming them. Click on this link:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/CIS/SH/SHW401901.shtml

Or else use the one from the first post and click on "LIVE RESULT" in red at the top.

9. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Are you actually watching this or just getting results? I can get the results, but can't watch them.

10. Reed

Reed TS Member

The qualification round is not live on video. They only stream the scores as they come in.

The final round will be streamed live on video.

11. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Oh thank you -- I thought I was losing my mind! I'll be up at midnight, hoping to catch the finals.

Thanks again...

For those that are not watching the streaming results... Corey Cogdell is currently in 4th, one ahead of Susan Natrass... Go ladies!!!

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

As of right now, Corey Cogdell is 3rd after 2 rounds. Go Corey!!!

13. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

On the shooting site NBC has posted a video replay of the men's Olympic final trapshooting event. Awesome coverage...better late than never!

Rarely was I able to even see the clay before the shot...and a "teabag" is taped to the clay to ensure breaks are visible to the judges...very different than our ATA events...

The guns are interesting...all are O/U's, most all seem to be Perazzi's, flat ribs, not much in the way of adjustable combs or stocks; the guns look more like sporting clays guns that what I am used to seeing on the trap line...

interesting...and well worth watching.

bluedsteel

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

bluedsteel,

It was much better when they aired it on TV this afternoon. You could see the targets clearly.

The clarity on TV today was so good, in fact, on the slow-motion closeups of the targets, you could see little white "bursts" that appeared to me to be individual pellets hitting raindrops.

And I don't even have HDTV.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Just posted, Corey finished the third round at 69.

Two ahead of her with 70's, and two tied with her at 69.

Susan Natrass had an 18 in her third round and finished with a 63.

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

FYI...NBC restricts viewing it's streaming video to US residents only who can provide a zip ocde and the name of thier TV cable/satellite service provider...bummer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.