1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOMEN'S OLYMPIC SKEET MATCH INFORMATION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Reed, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reed

Reed TS Member

The Women's Skeet qualification round will start on Wednesday, August 13th at 8:00 pm CST.

The start list, athlete biographies, squadding, and schedules can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/C51I/SHW403901.shtml#SHW403901

Once the event starts, the scores will be updated as they come in. Once the first score is posted about 8:30 pm CST, you can visit the following page for live results. If you click on that and leave the page open, it will auto refresh every 15 seconds, so you'll have the scores right after they're entered. That link can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/CIS/SH/SHW403901.shtml

The final will be broadcasted live on NBCOlympics.com starting around 2:00 am CST. The link will be above the rotating news pictures in a red box reading something like "LIVE: Watch the Women's Skeet Final Now." Click on that and the new window will pop up with the live streaming video. The link can be found on this page around 2:00 am CST:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html

In order to watch the final you do have to download Microsoft Silverlight. If you plan on watching the final Wednesday night, I would recommend you download the program before so you can start watching right away and not miss anything. To do that, just watch ANY of the videos on the www.nbcolympics.com website. The download will start when you click on any of the videos.

Representing the USA will be three time Olympic medalist, Kim Rhode -- Come cheer on the USA!

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Kelsey,

When do you sleep?

3. Reed

Reed TS Member

LOL...Usually right after the final is over - 3:30ish. The Olympics are a big deal to me. I know/see what people go through to get there. The Olympics aren't every four years, they're everyday. 1460 of them. When there are people out there who work for 1460 days, and all that comes down to ONE day, ONE event, ONE shot...I feel that someone out there should stand behind them and support them. Recognize everything they've done for the last 4 years...And if that means staying up a few hours later and operating on a little less sleep, that's a tiny price to pay in comparison to the price they've paid. Do they know I'm sitting at home watching and cheering them on? No. Does it help them break an extra target? No. But its all part of the Olympic Spirit and I just try to support it and spread it. When a grown man falls to the ground and is reduced so humbly to wailing tears, that outpour of emotion cannot go unnoticed.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=81972366

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

very well put, go USA

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well said Kelsey.

Maybe we'll see YOU there in 4 years.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

bump

Skeet qualification rounds tonight. Finals at about 2:00 a.m. Central.

Root for Kim!

7. Reed

Reed TS Member

The qualification round will start in just under 40 minutes - 8:00 pm CST.

The USA representative, Kim Rhode, is on the first squad. Her results should be posted at approximately 8:30 pm CST. The qualification round should be completed and full results posted around 12:00 am CST. The final will start at 2:00 am CST.

Once the event starts, the scores will be updated as they come in. Once the first score is posted about 8:30 pm CST, you can keep track of the results as they come in. If you click on the following link and leave the page open, it will auto refresh every 15 seconds, so you'll have the scores right after they're entered. That page can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/CIS/SH/SHW403901.shtml

The final will be broadcasted live on NBCOlympics.com starting around 2:00 am CST. The link will be above the rotating news pictures in a red box reading something like "LIVE: Watch the Women's Skeet Final Now." Click on that and the new window will pop up with the live streaming video. The link can be found on this page around 2:00 am CST:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html

In order to watch the final you do have to download Microsoft Silverlight. If you plan on watching the final Wednesday night, I would recommend you download the program before so you can start watching right away and not miss anything. To do that, just watch ANY of the videos on the www.nbcolympics.com website. The download will start when you click on any of the videos.

Come cheer on the USA!

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

After one round, three with 25, Kim and one other shot a 24.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Kim shot a second round 23 for 47 after two.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

After two rounds:

WEI Ning ChinaCHN 48

CAINERO Chiara ItalyITA 48

RHODE Kimberly United StatesUSA 47

BRINKER Christine GermanyGER 47

LARSSON Nathalie SwedenSWE 46

JIEWCHALOEMMIT Sutiya ThailandTHA 46

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.