1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOMEN'S OLYMPIC SKEET FINAL & RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Reed, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reed

Reed TS Member

The qualification round for the Women's Skeet is now complete. The final results can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/C70I/SHW403901.shtml#SHW403901

Entering the final are:

Chiara Cainero ITA 25 23 24 = 72

Sutiya Jiewchaloemmit THA 23 23 25 = 71

Kim Rhode USA 24 23 23 = 70

Christine Brinker GER 25 22 23 = 70

Ning Wei CHN 25 23 22 = 70

Nathalie Larsson SWE 23 23 23 = 69

The final will be broadcasted live on NBCOlympics.com starting around 2:00 am CST. The link will be above the rotating news pictures in a red box reading something like "LIVE: Watch the Women's Skeet Final Now." Click on that and the new window will pop up with the live streaming video. The link can be found on this page around 2:00 am CST:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html

In order to watch the final you do have to download Microsoft Silverlight. If you plan on watching the final tonight, I would recommend you download the program before so you can start watching right away and not miss anything. To do that, just watch ANY of the videos on the www.nbcolympics.com website. The download will start when you click on any of the videos.

Representing the USA will be three time Olympic medalist, Kim Rhode -- Come cheer on the USA!

2. Reed

Reed TS Member

The final has just completed. The results are as follow:

Gold Medal: Chiara Cainero ITA 72 + 21 = 93 +2 in the shoot off (OR & FOR)

Silver Medal: Kim Rhode USA 70 + 23 = 93 +1, +2 in the shoot offs (FOR)

Bronze Medal: Christine Brinker 70 + 23 = 93 +1, +1 in the shoot offs (FOR)

4th Place: Nathalie Larsson SWE 69 + 23 = 92 +2 in the shoot off

5th Place: Sutiya Jiewchaloemmit THA 71 + 21 = 92 +1 in the shoot off

6th Place: Ning Wei CHN 70 + 21 = 91

The full results of the final including individual hits and misses can be found here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/C74I/SHW403101.shtml#SHW403101

The video can be found on NBCOlympics.com under the video section on the shooting homepage. It should be up late afternoon tomorrow (Thursday) after it airs on the MSNBC network between 11:30 and 4:00 pm. The video will be able to be found here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/video/index.html

Photos from the event can be found here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=81973220

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Awesome.

They drop the event she medaled in three times, so she just goes out and medals in a different event.

Congrats to Kim.

4. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Kolar Chick...what's the procedure for a post-final shoot-off in Skeet? Is it doubles at four?

5. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Voolfie - the answer to your question is Yes - doubles at 4.

Here is the procedure (taken from the ISSF rulebook)

Before the shoot off starts, the first shooter must stand immediately behind Station 4 and be permitted to see one (1) regular double (high/low).
    All tied shooters will then shoot in turn on Station 4 in the order that will be decided by the Jury by drawing of lots.
    Safety Note: No shooter must place a cartridge in any part of the gun until he is standing on the Station and preparing to shoot.
    After the Referee declares “START” the first shooter must move on to the Station, load and shoot at a regular double (high/low). He must then leave the Station and go to the rear of the shooters who have yet to shoot.
    All shooters in the tie must in turn do likewise.
    The shooter(s) who miss the most number of targets after each double are the losers and must retire.
    All those who are still tied must remain and the first shooter must then move on to the Station, load and shoot at a reverse double (low/high). He must then leave the Station and go to the rear of the shooters who have yet to shoot.
    All shooters in the tie must in turn do likewise.
    If any ties remain unbroken, this procedure of shooting at a regular double and a reverse double must continue until all results are determined.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Congratulations to Kim. We at Oak Tree are so proud of her. She worked harder the ever to re-learn to skeet game [1,000 targets a day!]. I know because I scrouged her empties. I am set for the next several years. Now for the important stuff = her wedding! Best wishes. Fred

7. Reed

Reed TS Member

The video is up in the video section of the shooting homepage. It is titled "Watch: Women's Skeet Final." The first part of the video is the Women's 3 Position Air Rifle final, and then it goes right into the Women's Skeet Final. You can fast forward if you'd like.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/video/index.html

8. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

I will grant all who say that Kim is a great representative for the United States. I will go further and agree that Kim is a nice person. But there is more to the story. We have been blessed to watch and meet all the ladies who won the medals for skeet this year at the Olympics. All true ladies in every sense of the word.

Kim was training quite a bit at our range before the Olympic trials and as you might guess she was shooting a lot of birds to get ready. Those who do not think she shoot 500-1000 per day are mistaken. Anyway one day she was in the middle of her training routine and one of our 4-H girls showed up and started watching Kim train. As I visited with this young lady Kim noticed her watching and stopped her training to come over and visit. To make a long story short Kim and her dad took 1.5 hours out of Kim's training time that day to help this kido be a better shooter. It didn't seem to hurt Kim as she went on to win the trials but it made a big impression on the young lady and now she shoots consistently above 20 because of the service above self Kim gave to her.

These high level athletes are like that, they give of themselves to improve the sport. Thanks to all of you who do so at whatever level.

Thanks Kim and congrats, I have learned so much from you about what it takes to be a champion in life!!

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Phil Ross, Phil's lady Jan, and I walked into Oaktree one day for lunch. Who served us? None other than Kim Rhode who was taking a break out of her training and told us she took on some "kitchen duty"...imagine that, an Olympian serving an International champion and ATA champion (early 60's and 79 respectively) and not a word about shooting, but how's everybody doing and how's the food? I wish I had a camera...

Way to go Kim!!

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Makes you wonder if a good shotgun shooter is a good shotgun shooter no matter which of the shotgun sports they choose. If a good shooter in one had devoted the same time and practice to another they probably would have excelled in that sport as well.

11. bigk

bigk TS Member

Are you all sure Kim didnt win the bronze medal?.I must have watched the wrong games.

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Shooting glasses is not required in the Olympics?

Jerbear

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have shot both games and at one time carried a B class average in both. Used the same gun in both games although with different barrels. Skeet is about the same as trap. The gun mount is not really a problem once you get used to it. Even today when I put the skeet barrel on the gun just naturally comes down. Now rain and windy condition will affect each the same except that some bunkers have a cover over the shooting stations.

TB

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Shooting glasses is not required in the Olympics?"

I asked that too. Not required by the international rules. Neither is hearing protection.

"Are you all sure Kim didnt win the bronze medal?"

If you're talking about the text from Lones Wigger? to accompany the video, the guy made a mistake. I guess on that last pair Kim must have broken both, but it didn't look like it. The German girl missed the second target, though. If you kept watching until the medal presentation ceremony, the guy texted in that he didn't know how he got it wrong, but Kim did indeed get the silver.

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

Kim now has a complete set Gold Silver and Bronze (won is Sidney in 2000)
    TB

16. bigk

bigk TS Member

Thats fantistic.Great girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.